Just when it seems the hectic pace of this whole, crazy educational journey is slowing a bit, well, it really isn't. Certainly, graduating from Ohio Northern and getting admitted to Toledo took a load off my shoulders. But right now should be the calm before the storm, except for the fact that I have so much to do to get ready.
Of course, if you ask me again midway through my first semester, you'll likely get a completely different analysis of the situation and I will be pining for the calm, peaceful days of June 2006.
Jess, Janessa and I went apartment hunting a couple weeks ago. I think the Lord led us to a very nice apartment on the edge of Ottawa Hills. It is 3.4 miles from campus and one block from the Toledo Botanical Garden. It looks like a very nice neighborhood. I got approved, now I just need to fax them my proof of income, etc.
It will be rough being away from Jess and Janessa so much. But I think if we all keep working hard, yet make time for each other when we can, that the time will fly by. I can't believe I've got five years in already. It makes the next three years seem short. I hope so. The last thing I want is for this to hurt my family.
Jess and Janessa have been in Tucson the past week visiting Zion, Jeshanah, Jariah, Becca and Brandon. I have to go pick them up at the Columbus airport in a little bit. I can't wait to see them.
Law school orientation starts Aug. 16. Classes begin on the 21st, coincidently the same day that Janessa and Jess start classes at Bible Believers. There is a lot to do between now and then. I'd better get to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi John! It's been a long time since I last had the pleasure of our vitriolic discourse.
The Federalist Society, huh?
What do you think of the new Republican attack ads?
They play Mariachi music and the voiceover says "If THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE has his way it will be fiesta time for illegal aliens and homosexuals!"
Wow! Race-baiting and homo-mongering in the same ad, you gotta hand it to your fellow Republicans.
They kind of remind me of that other party that got a lot of traction out of going after homosexuals and ethnic minorities. Remember them? I think they called themselves Nazis.
My ads would say "If the REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE WINS you better start practicing the Nazi salute, ese."
Hey Israel! No, I haven't seen the ad. We don't see too many of those types of ads around here. My guess is that it's aimed at the people who are in the Southwest and on the front lines of the immigration issue.
Frankly, I haven't paid too much attention to politics lately. I've been so absorbed in watching my Reds win eight in a row and then fall apart and lose the next five. Hopefully they'll get back on track soon, very soon.
I'm so sick of the immigration debate. Both sides are way off base. They have so politicized the debate that there is no way it will ever get fixed properly. I'm convinced that neither is serious about real immigration reform, only scoring political points. And it is the immigrants who are paying and will pay the price for it.
I haven't joined any student organizations yet. I am looking at the Federalist Society and the Christian Legal Society. But I want to make sure I research any group before I join. I want to make sure there are no skeletons in my closet when I go through my confirmation hearings for the Supreme Court.
Did you hear I got to go out to Arizona about a month ago? A buddy who moved to Ohio from Arizona a few years ago still had some stuff out there in storage. We flew into Phoenix and picked up a uHaul on a Friday. We went to dinner at Carlos O'Brien's (muy delicioso!) and spent the night with some relatives of his in Phoenix. Saturday morning we drove up to Show Low, loaded the uHaul, then drove straight through back to Lima. We got in about 1:30 Monday morning. AZ is a very pretty state, but too brown (the scenery, not the people) for my taste. I like nice green Ohio. I guess it's all in what you're used to.
Completely off topic... but do you read Mark Purdy? He's a sports columnist for the Mercury News. I just found out recently that he is from Celina, Ohio, which you went through on the way to Indiana when you came here.
Anyway, it was good to hear from you. Keep in touch,
John
Yeah I'm familiar with Mr. Purdy. Maybe you guys should get together and do an expose about why Ohio athletes are so suicidal.
First Cleveland's Kellen Winslow and then Big Ben. If Jason Williams has ties to Ohio you've got the big trifecta.
My theory is that it's same sense of depressing boredom that causes all the armadillos in Texas to run out in the middle of the road and kill themselves. They just want some excitement in their lives.
Speaking of the Supreme Court, my former Law School Professor Rehnquist is from Arizona and he made it to the supreme court by trying to keep Mexicans and Blacks from voting (he had to be physically pushed out of one voting area) and by arguing for segregationist laws in Arizona.
So if you want to get appointed to the Supreme Court as a Republican, you better start figuring out a way to keep brown people down. It's a time-honored way of currying favor with the party elite.
The Federalist Society is a good start.
Lima must be the only place in the Universe without a Starbucks.
Stockton is one of the most backwards cities on the map and we have one every two feet.
The big Mocha Frapucchino is over 1000 calories which is a day's worth of caloric intake if you're on a diet.
Plus you could feed a family of five for a week in a third world country for the price of one of those.
Post a Comment