I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. I know, a real shock to those of you who know me. But nonetheless, this blog, in my opinion, has lived out its purpose. There is no need for it anymore. Therefore I have decided to take it down sometime in the next few days.
Keeping a blog often helped me crystallize my thoughts. My mind can get pretty cluttered sometimes and it helped me sort through the mess. But I've decided I need to do that in private now. I am going to start keeping a journal the old-fashioned way - on paper, in a book. I need to be more honest with myself and I just don't think that I can accomplish that in a public forum.
The blog started as a way to chronicle the law school experience. Obviously, that train derailed some time ago. As I look over the recent posts, there is very little of any substance. That little voice inside my head is saying, "Mr. Hullinger, tear down this blog!"
I thank all of you who were regular readers, even if you didn't post. Many of you offered meaningful words of encouragement in times when I needed them most. And for that I will always be in your debt.
God bless,
John
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hully,
I know of this group buy for CZs. Prices are pretty good. Shipping and FFL transfer fee would put you at 509 even for a PCR. If you're interested, email me and I'll send you the organizer's email.
Well, I for one will miss it. I think you and Israel and Paul Michael are very entertaining. This year I have been working incredibly long hours at the store and unfortuanately some of those hours are extremely boring with no customers. This has been a pleasant diversion. But of course I understand if you feel to stop it. Thanks for the thought provoking comments and all the laughs! :)
John,
Hey - yes, I'm with Sharla. I've enjoyed the blog. I'm one of the more "silent readers" you mentioned. :) But I do completely understand why you're closing this down. I can't do the "public forum" thing to express myself either.
God Bless! :)
EA
John, hate to see the blog close down, but I see where you're coming from.
Don't be a stranger!
It's all good...
As long as you don't quit Fantasy Football we'll have plenty of other opportunities to argue.
Thank you for providing a forum for me to vent my frustrations against Republicans, the people from Ohio who made Georgie Bush president and ran our country down the tubes and the corruption inherent in a system where politicians care more about campaign contributions from major corporations than they do about people.
It's been quite the healthy outlet and much cheaper than therapy!
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye....
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye!!!
I'll miss you, man. =)
Post a Comment