Monday, May 11, 2009

Yes we can

I hope Wanda Sykes gets kidney failure.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

ditto

Sharla said...

I don't. That is TOO horrible to wish on anybody. She sure is a jerk to wish it on Rush though.

Israel said...

That was a joke.

Rush Limbaugh makes fun of people with cancer, but I guess it's not OK to say anything about that traitorous drug addict even in jest, because he's worshipped by too many retarded Republicans.

Republicans sure know how to pick their heroes, I tell ya...

Israel said...

You guys are just jealous because all the Republican comedians are pathetic (Dennis Miller anyone?) which is OK because Republicans aren't smart enough to get the joke anyway, most don't even know that Stephen Colbert is mocking them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX1jgrf004w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y97-37xfMo&feature=related


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRcCx639zRs&feature=channel_page

Jeshanah said...

Whoa! That's cold!

Sharla said...

Well, I watched the first one, sometimes I find Colbert very funny. This was completely disrepectful and downright rude with no attempt at good humor whatsoever. I will not waste my time with any more of that.

I usually don't find Dennis Miller to be all that entertaining either. I often agree with his point but he's not that witty, in my humble opinion.

Glenn is the funniest. He has me laughing out loud every day. Rush can be pretty funny, his parody songs are hilarious. Sean tries to be funny sometimes, at least I think he is trying, he needs to stick with straight commentary.

Ann is outrageously comical. I love her books, but she is not on a local station so I don't get to hear her that often.

Israel said...

Couldn't take it, huh? Well, the truth hurts.

Colbert was absolutely brilliant in the face of an audience that absolutely hated him. He took Bush and the boot-licking Washington media to task and spared no quarter.

The performance was roundly criticized by the Washington Post and others and it wasn't till people started seeing it on C-Span and you tube that it exploded and made Colbert one of the most powerful media personalities out there.

It's called "speaking truth to power" and Mark Twain himself couldn't have done any better.

-------

As long as you recognize Limbaugh, Coulter, Beck and Hannity for what they really are (complete jokes) then you are OK.

It's only when people start to take them seriously that we get into trouble. (See the Bush administration.)

When that happens the the joke's entirely on us.

Israel said...

I do think Rush is funny and entertaining. Fat drug addicts like Rush, Chris Farley and John Belushi are usually a lot of fun and always good for a laugh.

I've listen to Rush quite a bit just for the fun of it. I just never saw how people couldn't see how insanely he twists the truth to do his comedy bits. The fact that Republicans worship this preening blow-hard is unbelieveable.

I'll never understand how people can't see through that stuff. Rush is laughing of course, all the way to the bank and then to the pharmacist so that he can medicate himself.

A lot of these Republican "humorists" have severe drug and alcohol problems. For example, the guy who draws the "Mallard Fillmore" regularly gets wasted and drives drunk.

And Dennis Miller doesn't have a funny bone in his body. The only thing he could do on SNL was the news and after that fell through for him he had to sell out as a political shill because his act was so old and tired.