Bold, rich and hearty, and great with butter and jam.
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
So how well do you know me?
I usually hate those cutesy little quizzes or polls that people put in their blogs or Web sites. But I am kind of curious to see how this one turns out.
Sorry the questions are sooo difficult, Bernie. Should I call the waaaambulance?
I tried to avoid the usual "What is my favorite color?" type of questions. You can make a good educated guess on a lot of the questions by knowing what my interests are. For example (this is a hint for those who haven't taken it yet) if you know the answer to No. 2, then you should be able to deduce the answer to No. 19. Also, some of the answers are on this blog.
I wanted it to be a little difficult. They weren't completely obscure, though. Getting half of them right is actually pretty good. I'm impressed that Shan got 13 out of 20, even if it did take her two tries.
I'll leave it up for a couple more days so other people can have a chance to take it, or retake it, then I'll post the answers.
"I am the smartest person in the world. But I did not know, nor could I deduce, the answers to 13 of your 20 questions. Therefore, the questions are stupid."
LOL... I just wish I knew more about guns and cars!! Then I really would have whipped everyone('cept Jess)!!! I think they are excellent questions and am going to do the same type of thing on my blog. You're such a trendsetter, John!!! =)
No one could even answer 10 questions about me, not even my own wife, cuz I am an international man of mystery and beyond the comprehension of mere mortals.
I am riddle burrito wrapped in a mystery tortilla and seasoned with 100% enigma salsa -- and that's the way I like it.
Now I will go cry myself to sleep cuz John is such a meanie...
I don't have NFL Network either, but that's probably a good thing. At least we didn't have to witness the 27-7 demolishing of the Browns by the Steelers last night. So sad.
Question #1 What is my favorite roller coaster? A: Yeah, right! (missed by: Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2) I hate roller coasters.
Question #2 What is my bachelors degree in? A: History (missed by: Justin 1&2)
Question #3 What earth-shattering event made me cry? A: The Browns releasing Bernie Kosar (missed by: Justin 1, Ms. Zvx, Shan 1)
Question #4 If I could do one of the following things before I die, it would be... A: Go to Monza, Italy (missed by: Justin 1, Shan 1&2, Kristin, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2) If you Google Monza, Italy, the first selection that comes up is the Autodromo Nazionale Monza, one of the most legendary race circuits in Formula One history.
Question #5 What comic strip character name does my best friend's mom call me? A: Hobbes (missed by: Sharla, Shan 1&2, Kristin, Bernie) Hence the picture of Hobbes studying in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
Question #6 What is my dream car? A: Volvo S60-R (missed by: Sharla, Shan 1&2, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2)
Question #7 My favorite hymn is ... A: Beulah Land (missed by: Kristin)
Question #8 What would I rather spend money on? A: A new wardrobe (missed by: Sharla, Justin 1, Shan 1&2, Kristin, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2) You couldn’t pay me to go to the Daytona 500.
Question #9 What type of law do I want to practice? A: Immigration Law (missed by: none)
Question #10 What is my biggest regret in life? A: Not playing high school football (missed by: Justin 1, Ms. Zvx, Kristin, Jack Bauer 1&2)
A: Question #11 How many times have I been to the Indy 500? 7 (missed by: Jess, Sharla, Shan 1-3, Kristin, Jack Bauer 1&2) I worked at the paper for eight years and only missed the 2005 race when I was in Washington D.C.
Question #12 How many speeding tickets have I had in the past five years? A: 1 (missed by: Justin 1, Ms. Zvx, Shan 1, Kristin, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2)
Question #13 What celebrity was born on the exact same day I was? A: Model Tyra Banks (missed by: Justin 1&2, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2)
Question #14 My favorite undergrad professor was... A: Dr. Stephen Moore (missed by: Justin 1, Ms. Zvx, Shan 1, Kristin, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2) I know this one is obscure. I only put included it because I knew only Jess would know the answer.
Question #15 How much did I weigh at birth? A: 12 pounds, 5 ounces (missed by: Justin 1, Ms. Zvx, Bernie) Two people said 11 pounds, 18 ounces. (I won’t say who.)
Question #16 What color was my first car? A: Green (missed by: Shan 1&2, Kristin, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1) Hunter green 1978 Mercury Monarch. It was a real beaut, especially after I wrecked it 30 days after I got my license.
Question #17 I graduated from high school in... A: 1992 (missed by: Bernie, Jack Bauer 1)
Question #18 What type of pet do I currently own? A: Fish (missed by: Jack Bauer 1) Six Mollies and an Albino Corydora
Question #19 First gun I ever bought A: Russian WWII rifle (missed by: Sharla, Shan 1&2, Kristin, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1) It was a Mosin-Nagant M44, built in Tula, Russia in 1943.
Question #20 I interviewed a lot of famous athletes in my old line of work. Which one was I most excited to meet? A: Mario Andretti (missed by: Kristin, Bernie) Ben Roethlisberger was just another high school athlete when I interviewed him. So I didn’t know I was talking to a future Super Bowl winner at the time. Besides, Mario was my childhood hero and the coolest guy on the planet.
23 comments:
Jeshanah beat me? Inconceivable!
I do not think that word means what you think it means... =)
I should have had more of those right, but I kept second guessing myself. =(
Frankly I'm disappointed in both of you for one of the answers you both missed.
Make that two of them.
I've never even met you and I tied Mr. Bauer?
Those questions are retarded.
Bernie
By the way,
What celeb has the same birthday as me is not a question about you?
I could have scored higher if I'd googled.
Sorry the questions are sooo difficult, Bernie. Should I call the waaaambulance?
I tried to avoid the usual "What is my favorite color?" type of questions. You can make a good educated guess on a lot of the questions by knowing what my interests are. For example (this is a hint for those who haven't taken it yet) if you know the answer to No. 2, then you should be able to deduce the answer to No. 19. Also, some of the answers are on this blog.
I wanted it to be a little difficult. They weren't completely obscure, though. Getting half of them right is actually pretty good. I'm impressed that Shan got 13 out of 20, even if it did take her two tries.
I'll leave it up for a couple more days so other people can have a chance to take it, or retake it, then I'll post the answers.
BTW, the only question Jess missed was No. 11.
Two tries? What kinda Bush League move is that? She should be disqualified.
What is number 11?
No. 11 is "How many times have I been to the Indy 500? 12, 9, 7 or 4?
How many times have I said "Who cares?" in my life.
12, 9, 7 or 1,335,648,505 times...
Any wife worth her snuff would've gotten number 11.
I know a good divorce lawyer in Ohio.
(just kiddin')
Whatever, dude. You try coming up with 20 questions about yourself.
Nevermind. You're narcissistic enough to actually do it.
Now stop whining just because everyone else beat you.
To translate Israel's comments:
"I am the smartest person in the world. But I did not know, nor could I deduce, the answers to 13 of your 20 questions. Therefore, the questions are stupid."
LOL... I just wish I knew more about guns and cars!! Then I really would have whipped everyone('cept Jess)!!! I think they are excellent questions and am going to do the same type of thing on my blog. You're such a trendsetter, John!!! =)
THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM!!!
Sheesh,, #11's a doosey!!
So how many people helped you take it the third time?
Or did you just call Jess and ask her what the answers were?
John:
No one could even answer 10 questions about me, not even my own wife, cuz I am an international man of mystery and beyond the comprehension of mere mortals.
I am riddle burrito wrapped in a mystery tortilla and seasoned with 100% enigma salsa -- and that's the way I like it.
Now I will go cry myself to sleep cuz John is such a meanie...
Actually John, what scared me was that I got so many right.
You are an open book and this Chapter is dragging a little.
So when do we get to know how you did on your finals?
I'm not mean. I'm just jealous that you have NFL Network.
Not that I would have wanted to witness that fiasco. Now that is something to go cry myself to sleep about.
"So when do we get to know how you did on your finals?"
I'm not even sure when I will find out. My last final is in 11 hours and 47 minutes.
No one helped me, it was a simple matter of deduction. =)
I don't have NFL Network either, but that's probably a good thing. At least we didn't have to witness the 27-7 demolishing of the Browns by the Steelers last night. So sad.
The answers...
Question #1 What is my favorite roller coaster?
A: Yeah, right! (missed by: Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2)
I hate roller coasters.
Question #2 What is my bachelors degree in?
A: History (missed by: Justin 1&2)
Question #3 What earth-shattering event made me cry?
A: The Browns releasing Bernie Kosar (missed by: Justin 1, Ms. Zvx, Shan 1)
Question #4 If I could do one of the following things before I die, it would be...
A: Go to Monza, Italy (missed by: Justin 1, Shan 1&2, Kristin, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2)
If you Google Monza, Italy, the first selection that comes up is the Autodromo Nazionale Monza, one of the most legendary race circuits in Formula One history.
Question #5 What comic strip character name does my best friend's mom call me?
A: Hobbes (missed by: Sharla, Shan 1&2, Kristin, Bernie)
Hence the picture of Hobbes studying in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
Question #6 What is my dream car?
A: Volvo S60-R (missed by: Sharla, Shan 1&2, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2)
Question #7 My favorite hymn is ...
A: Beulah Land (missed by: Kristin)
Question #8 What would I rather spend money on?
A: A new wardrobe (missed by: Sharla, Justin 1, Shan 1&2, Kristin, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2)
You couldn’t pay me to go to the Daytona 500.
Question #9 What type of law do I want to practice?
A: Immigration Law (missed by: none)
Question #10 What is my biggest regret in life?
A: Not playing high school football (missed by: Justin 1, Ms. Zvx, Kristin, Jack Bauer 1&2)
A: Question #11 How many times have I been to the Indy 500?
7 (missed by: Jess, Sharla, Shan 1-3, Kristin, Jack Bauer 1&2)
I worked at the paper for eight years and only missed the 2005 race when I was in Washington D.C.
Question #12 How many speeding tickets have I had in the past five years?
A: 1 (missed by: Justin 1, Ms. Zvx, Shan 1, Kristin, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2)
Question #13 What celebrity was born on the exact same day I was?
A: Model Tyra Banks (missed by: Justin 1&2, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2)
Question #14 My favorite undergrad professor was...
A: Dr. Stephen Moore (missed by: Justin 1, Ms. Zvx, Shan 1, Kristin, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1&2)
I know this one is obscure. I only put included it because I knew only Jess would know the answer.
Question #15 How much did I weigh at birth?
A: 12 pounds, 5 ounces (missed by: Justin 1, Ms. Zvx, Bernie)
Two people said 11 pounds, 18 ounces. (I won’t say who.)
Question #16 What color was my first car?
A: Green (missed by: Shan 1&2, Kristin, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1)
Hunter green 1978 Mercury Monarch. It was a real beaut, especially after I wrecked it 30 days after I got my license.
Question #17 I graduated from high school in...
A: 1992 (missed by: Bernie, Jack Bauer 1)
Question #18 What type of pet do I currently own?
A: Fish (missed by: Jack Bauer 1)
Six Mollies and an Albino Corydora
Question #19 First gun I ever bought
A: Russian WWII rifle (missed by: Sharla, Shan 1&2, Kristin, Bernie, Jack Bauer 1)
It was a Mosin-Nagant M44, built in Tula, Russia in 1943.
Question #20 I interviewed a lot of famous athletes in my old line of work. Which one was I most excited to meet?
A: Mario Andretti (missed by: Kristin, Bernie)
Ben Roethlisberger was just another high school athlete when I interviewed him. So I didn’t know I was talking to a future Super Bowl winner at the time. Besides, Mario was my childhood hero and the coolest guy on the planet.
Post a Comment