Thursday, December 06, 2007

11 comments:

Elisabeth (Bauer) Holsapple said...

Hey John - am I stuck at the intellectual level of a 7th/8th grader and can't figure out how to play the clip, or....

BTW - that was a rhetorical question, and really doesn't need answered. :)

Unknown said...

John....where is all the useful content!?

Now you've resorted to uploading broken vidoes...

I promise that if you start writing more and hook adsense into your site I'll click on your banners every 3 minutes. ;)

Unknown said...

^^^ proven business plan.

1. Sign up with google adsense
2. have funds from adsense channeled to off-shore bank
3. Spawn virus that infects millions of computers that in turn continuously trigger the adsense links.
4. Illegally immigrate to some war-torn South American country

Unknown said...

So, yea, the video is broken for me too.

Unknown said...

I have a much better plan. It's almost finished...

1. Sign up with google adsense
2. ??????
3. Spend millions of dollars

Hully said...

Sorry about that. Shortly after I posted it, some copyright lawyer with too much time on his hands had it removed. I found a shorter version of the same vid, which apparently the copyright lawyer didn't seem to mind being on YouTube. So it should play now.

Adsense is a waste of time. I had it on my old Lima News blog and got three clicks in six months.

Unknown said...

Well when you only have 5-6 people reading you don't get a ton of results.

One of my sites gets 40,000 unique visits/month. Adsense works very nicely for that one. :)

Hully said...

I don't remember the exact number. But I was getting quite a few more than just "5 or 6" on my Lima News blog. I guess I don't quite get the Adsense thing. I just can't imagine being tempted to click on one.

Unknown said...

Well, granted I was kidding with the "5-6" thing...however, given that 1% is considered a solid average clickthrough rate, you're definitely not going to get rich unless you have a TON of visitors.

In my view three kinds of clicks happens on adsense ads:
Accidental ('I bumped the mouse'), Tech Stupid('I thought it was an in site link!'), and finally good Samaritan('John has a family...here let me buy you lunch').

So you really need to have a lot of klutzes, old people, and close friends to make it worth your while.

Err...don't tell google I said that.

Hully said...

lol, so true!

Unknown said...

"So you really need to have a lot of klutzes, old people, and close friends to make it worth your while."

Although the earth will run out of oil in 50 years, there is no foreseeable shortage of people in the first two categories.