Well, it looks like I'm heading back to school a little sooner than expected.
Except it won't be law school -- at least for now.
I have accepted a teaching position at the small Christian school where my wife teaches first grade and my daughter will be attending second grade. I will be teaching high school Bible, government (Alexis de Tocqueville -- w00t!!), geography, economics, and high school and junior high English.
I'm actually very excited about this opportunity. I think it will be a lot of fun and a great challenge. There are some great kids in this school and I'm really looking forward to working with them.
What that does to this blog remains to be seen. It's inevitable that they will discover this somehow, so I won't be able to post about goings-on too much, if at all. And if all I am doing is teaching all day long, there won't be a whole lot more to write about. So we'll see.
I'm also not ruling out an eventual return to law school. Again, we'll see. I'm just taking it all one day at a time.
My life over the past month and a half has been completely unpredictable and completely wonderful. The Lord is doing so much in my life right now, opening up things to me that I've never seen before. He is so much more real to me than I ever thought possible.
Sunday evening, after communion service, our pastor had a little open-discussion session with a bunch of the young married couples in the church. It was really good and I was able to share some of the things I've experienced. As we were driving home, I could feel His literal presence drop down into the car. It felt like someone was standing behind me with their arms over my shoulders and wrapped around my chest. Every nerve ending in my body was alive. I felt completely pure love and peace. It was so real. I was just driving and crying. I love Him so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
The teaching position sounds great.
Perfect!
I do suggest that you destroy this blog and everything associated with it so that they can't pull it up.
The kids will find it, so it is much better that they see you as a mysterious infallible stranger. You don't want them knowing your business.
Isn't HE wonderful! He has promised to never leave us or forsake us, but when we can actually feel HIS presence, those are the moments we never forget.
I think the you'll make a great teacher, John!!
That is soooo awesome about Sunday night!!!!! What a wonderful experience!! Dana and I are beyond happy about what God has been doing in your life! It has been an encouragement to us in a big way! Pray that God will stir our lives in a special way, too.
I have always loved that song, but I think it says the cry of our heart now more than ever!! May it be so!
That's wonderful.
All of it.
P.S.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can restrict the blog to only certain registered blogger users.
John I will mail you your check today.
Sorry it took so long but I've been busy and plus out of town and I didn't have my checkbook.
You said you had worked 19 hours last time we talked, but I'm sure you put in some extra time e-mailing those cases to me.
I will pay you for 19 hours and if you worked more than that just have Sharla pay you the $45 bucks she owes me for the Rubik's cubes.
Sound good?
Congrats on the new job, I am sure you'll do very well molding young minds until they are totally moldy.
Plus you get to be near your wife and kid, right? What more can one ask for?
I mailed it to:
Gomer Gomer
1 Gomer Rd.
Gomerville, Ohio 11111
So I hope you are still there...
I can restrict access to only people I invite. But you'd have to login every time you came to the blog.
I'm going to leave it open for now. But if you want to have access and don't mind logging in, send me an email at johnhullinger[at]yahoo[dot]com.
Israel, no problem on the check. I did get in about an extra hour pulling those cases back up and emailing them. So I'll hit Sharla up for that money. Thanks. And I hope we can do business again in the future.
I think you should restrict access.
You already know my e-mail.
Post a Comment