Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Reason No. 4,327 why I love Ohio

Took this picture a couple weeks ago on a Friday night at Limaland Motorsports Park. I took Janessa there for her first night at the races; a friend had given me his Suite Seats for the race. As the track crew was working, this was the scene behind us. Janessa told me I should take a picture. She was right.

(click to enlarge)

14 comments:

Israel said...

That's a spectacular Ohio sunset.

Which of course would make it only a fair-to-middlin' Arizona sunset.

The sunsets in Arizona are so spectacularly unparalleled they have a whole magazine devoted to them:

http://www.sunset.com/sunset/

And the vistas are so breathtaking there is another magazine devoted to them too:

http://www.arizonahighways.com/

justin h said...

haha um if az is so beautiful how come you left? i am neutral i dont really care for ohio

Israel said...

b/c while there are few things with more natural beauty than an Arizona sunset I just so happened to find and marry one.

And California is really beautiful too.

Unknown said...

That is an awesome sunset picture!!!! I've seen very few of those since I came to Ohio.(which is okay, since that wasn't the #1 reason why we moved here in the first place! We would have just stayed in AZ if it was!!)

Good comments, Israel!! You can say such nice things when you're not talking about politics;,very refreshing for a change!

Israel said...

I have an unfortunate penchant for telling the truth without sugar-coating things.

Sometimes people find it hard to swallow.

Sharla said...

A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down , the medicine go down , just a spoonful of sugar...


Wish this keyboard offered little notes to put along the side

Israel said...

John:

Thought you might want to know that I argued the motion you helped me with this morning in court.

Before hearing oral arguments the Judge said that he was inclined to grant their motion.

Fortunately after I mopped the floor with opposing counsel during the subsequent oral arguments, he no longer seems that inclined to grant their motion.

Now he wants to hold a hearing and bring my client in for testimony regarding whether or not he speaks English and whether he knew he was signing an arbitration agreement.

This will happen on July 31st.

So things are looking better thanks to good ol' oral argument.

Gotta love it!!

Unknown said...

Speaking of the Limaland Motorsports Park, didn't Kasey Kahne visit last Wednesday?

Jeshanah said...

We wanna see pics of your newly re-decorated schoolroom!!!

Jeshanah said...

It's been a week, you need to update!!

Sharla said...

Hopefully he will update with pics of his new classroom. I worked four days on that thing! Even if it is not the very coolest classroom you have ever seen, try to keep in mind that when we started last week it was really pretty lame. Tan walls, tan beams, a country americana border, oak bookcases,assorted posters on the walls and mis-matched chairs. The budget only stretched for a few gallons of paint and half a dozen "sharpies"

Hully said...

I'll update when I get the chance. Unfortunately, I only have Internet when I am at school; and there is a lot of work to be done here. I plan on posting pics and everything in a few days.

Hully said...

Ohio has beautiful sunsets. You just can't see most of them because of all those pesky trees in the way. Dirt, on the other hand, rarely restricts one's view of a sunset, hence Arizona's reputation for sunsets.

Jeshanah said...

LOL, too true, John!!!