WoW!! I am totally impressed!! That was done with just marker & paint? Mega Kudo's to Sharla & whoever else helped. ;) I'm sure the kids will love the "new look." :)
Congrats on the new job too - the Lord ALWAYS provides! :)
Love it!! That is awesome!!! (I still want to take to the grand tour when I get there, but thank you for the sneak peak on here.) I even recognise some of the pictures as photos taken by you, and I gotta say, I absolutely love the knight!!!! =)
I KNOW! I don't know why they haven't discovered me yet! LOL! I'd love to be doing a show along with running this toystore and building a new house. I could do one in my spare time! ;)
That is SOOOOOO awesome, John. Can I be in your class? =) How exciting to have such a cool and inspiring classroom!!! If it looks that good in pictures, I can't wait to see it in person!
The pictures are based upon the subjects I will be teaching. There are elements from literature, government, Bible, economics, and geography. (Although I found out after it was done that I actually won't be teaching geography; but that's cool.)
Sharla presented the basic concept to me and asked me what I wanted pictures of. So I looked online and in books for the pictures I wanted, then printed them off on transparencies. Then she and Jess used overhead projectors and Sharpies to put the pictures and writing on the walls. (The picture of the knight on horseback is actually from a photo I took during my visit to Arizona in March - at the AZ Rez Fest.)
They both did an amazing job and I have been overwhelmed by the reaction to it. Tuesday night we had a pre-year parents/teachers meeting and there was a line of people outside of my room waiting to get in and see it.
Yes, there are a few people who consider us a "cult." But the strange thing is, we don't fit any part of the definition of a cult. We don't follow William Branham any more than we follow Paul or Luther. We follow Jesus Christ. William Branham never sought to draw attention to himself. He only sought to point people to Christ.
13 comments:
WoW!! I am totally impressed!! That was done with just marker & paint? Mega Kudo's to Sharla & whoever else helped. ;) I'm sure the kids will love the "new look." :)
Congrats on the new job too - the Lord ALWAYS provides! :)
WOW!!!!
That is AWESOME!!!
I didn't know what to expect when you said you guys drew on the walls! But that is very impressive!!!
Love it!! That is awesome!!! (I still want to take to the grand tour when I get there, but thank you for the sneak peak on here.) I even recognise some of the pictures as photos taken by you, and I gotta say, I absolutely love the knight!!!! =)
And Mom, you should have your own show on HGTV!!
I KNOW! I don't know why they haven't discovered me yet! LOL! I'd love to be doing a show along with running this toystore and building a new house. I could do one in my spare time! ;)
What a brilliant idea. It's a wall-sized coloring book!
Turn some grade schoolers with Crayolas loose on it, and it would be perfect.
*ducks*
Sharla, you are amazing.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!
That is SOOOOOO awesome, John. Can I be in your class? =)
How exciting to have such a cool and inspiring classroom!!!
If it looks that good in pictures, I can't wait to see it in person!
John why don't you invite ZionRam to your blog. You don't like me anymore or what?
I posted that anyone who wanted to read the blog should send me an email. You never sent me an email.
Is this a message school?
I hope you don't get fired for putting Bro. Branham behind your desk.
Lots of people consider us a "cult" you know.
The decor is amazing, coolest class room I've ever seen.
Did you guys draw it or trace over an image projected on the walls, or is it stencils or what?
Yes, it is a message school.
The pictures are based upon the subjects I will be teaching. There are elements from literature, government, Bible, economics, and geography. (Although I found out after it was done that I actually won't be teaching geography; but that's cool.)
Sharla presented the basic concept to me and asked me what I wanted pictures of. So I looked online and in books for the pictures I wanted, then printed them off on transparencies. Then she and Jess used overhead projectors and Sharpies to put the pictures and writing on the walls. (The picture of the knight on horseback is actually from a photo I took during my visit to Arizona in March - at the AZ Rez Fest.)
They both did an amazing job and I have been overwhelmed by the reaction to it. Tuesday night we had a pre-year parents/teachers meeting and there was a line of people outside of my room waiting to get in and see it.
Yes, there are a few people who consider us a "cult." But the strange thing is, we don't fit any part of the definition of a cult. We don't follow William Branham any more than we follow Paul or Luther. We follow Jesus Christ. William Branham never sought to draw attention to himself. He only sought to point people to Christ.
Yeah, but most people don't know what the actual definition of a "cult" is.
Christianity was once a cult as was every major religion. The Mormons are a huge cult and look how well they are doing.
Your room is absolutely the most amazing classroom I've ever seen. If the teaching is even half as good, you'll be fine. ;)
Post a Comment