Thursday, July 20, 2006

More fun with YouTube

"Chad Vader: Day Shift Manager"

"Life is hard when you're Darth Vader's less-talented, less-charismatic younger brother and you manage a grocery store."


8 comments:

Israel said...

That was a cool video.

George Lucas is from Mosdesto, a town very close to where we live. Lacy and Scott Peterson were from there and so was Chandra Levy.

Hey I was thinking about all your costs while in law school.

How much does a business suit cost when you are six-foot-eight?

Do you have to get them specially made?

What about regular clothes? Do you have to wear sweat suits all the time?

What about shoes? Do you have to have some sort of hookup with an NBA team?

You could write a letter,

Dear Cleveland Cavaliers:

I am a poor student with an over-active pituitary gland and I suffer from severe White man's disease. I have a vertical leap of 15 inches. If you would be so kind as to send me some of your free NIKE products I would be eternally greatful.

Do big & tall clothes cost more than regular people clothes?

Did you know that I have two friends who are both 6-foot-8 lawyers. They are Garth Poole and Greg Lang, both White guys. Greg was captain of the Williams basketball team he graduated from Connecticut. Garth graduated from Arizona and was a lousy basketball player and he was quite defensive about it. He could barely dunk.

When you start doing interviews If you want I can ask them if they have any suits they don't need.

Israel said...

They closed the middle east crisis thread down. It's still there, but no one can post anything. I am happy to say that I got the last word.

Hully said...

There is a locally owned men's wear shop in downtown Lima that can order suits in my size for $300-$400 dollars, which isn't bad. I occasionally can find suits in my size at Value City, which is actually where I got my last two. I have less than $200 combined in those two suits. There are nothing luxurious, but they were good enough to wear when I did some lobbying on Capital Hill last summer.

Regular clothes aren’t much of a problem, especially thanks to the magic of the Internet. I buy a lot of my clothes off of EddieBauer.com. Even shoes aren’t a major issue. I wear a 14, which is actually a little small for my size and isn’t too hard to find.

Israel said...

Sounds like you've got it a lot better than my buddy Garth. In law school he who used to dress in suits that looked like they came off the discount rack at Circus Freaks R' Us.

Course he didn't have Eddie Bauer.com back in the day. And I'm sure now that he has them Tailored to fit.

The good news is that for every inch you grow over 6 foot, your chances of making partner increase 10%.

Being white increases your chances by 80%. So my math tells me you're practically a shoo-in for major bucks at major metropolitan law firm.

Let's just hope they make a Porshe with more leg-room by then.

Hully said...

Porsche... no thanks.

Sign me up for one of these:
http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/6848/volvo-s60r-awd.html

Jeshanah said...

"You are a sad, strange, little, man and you have my pity."

This is a very bizzare blog.

Hully said...

Sorry it's not up to your "Dear Diary, Today I did laundry" standards.

;-) :-p

Jeshanah said...

haha, at least it makes me laugh, I guess that's all that matters.