Thursday, November 09, 2006

"I think I saw a touchdown"

In case you missed it Tuesday night...

I took a little break from my studies to watch a wild UT/Northern Illinois game. The Rockets came out on top, 17-13, but not without a little bit of drama. Thanks to two phantom pass interference calls, NI got seven shots at the end zone from inside the 10-yard line in the final minute, but came up empty handed.

But the real drama started unfolding in the middle of the second quarter when a thick fog rolled in over the field. It was so bad that the timekeeper in the press box finally shut off the clock and told the officials to keep the time on the field. The fog let up a little in the second half, but not before producing moments like this:

1 comment:

Hully said...

P.S. - You'll notice that the scoreboard in the upper right hand corner of the screen has no time on it, just the score.