Friday, November 10, 2006

On this point, at least, Rush is right

Say what you will about Rush Limbaugh…

But this post is not to discuss his politics. This post is about law school, about having a goal, and about doing what it takes to achieve that goal. It is about success, something Limbaugh, as the No. 1 radio talk show host in the country, knows a little something about.

I have heard Limbaugh on more than one occasion talk about his early days in radio. He recounted how people who had tried and failed in radio would take him aside and tell him not to waste his time, that it was just too hard to succeed in radio.

So Limbaugh quit talking to those people. He sought out the company and counsel of those who had achieved their goals and loved what they did.

I said all that to say this. If you practice or study law and are successful at it and enjoy it, I want to be your friend. If you hate it and think I am wasting my time here in Toledo, then click on that little “X” in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

If you want to be successful, seek out and surround yourself with people who have succeeded. That’s my new mission – to find these people.

5 comments:

Jeshanah said...

I don't practice or study law, but I am successful at not breaking it, and I want to be your friend. I don't hate the law and I also don't think you are wasting your time there in Toledo, (I am a little concerned that I am wasting my time here in Tucson...) I have been very successful at getting that message across to the people... so I'm really hoping that that will qualify me as a success so that I can continue to read your blog and to be your friend. =)














I bet you Arizonians are really gonna miss me while I'm away, huh? =)

Israel said...

mega dittos or whatever...

Israel said...

I must admit to having used the term "Feminazi" a few times in jest even though I consider myself a radical feminist male.

I believe women should go out and work and the guys should stay home watch sports and eat bon-bons.

Also women should pay for all dates, buy us extravagant presents and give us rings and stuff.

we shouldn't have to go to war, cook or care for the children either, because we're too weak-minded we should be required to hang out with other dudes, play fantasy football and have belching contests.

And if our women don't buy us the latest in electronic gadgetry we should be allowed to complain and have extramarital affairs.

And Spike TV should run endless movies about how we have been wronged by evil women.

Sound good?

Fox said...

As a determined law student, I wholeheartedly wish you success, and seek out anyone that will push you forward!

Unknown said...

@ John
but...but...I don't have a little red X button in the upper right hand corner. I have a nice round aqua button in the upper left corner that can close the window though... (mac's rule!)

@ Israel
LOL. That is one of the funiest. comments. ever.