The funny thing about it is that John Kerry wasn't even talking about them. (It's pretty clear to me anyway, but then I scored pretty high on the SATs)
And even if he was, how many valedictorians do you think are in that photo?
The truth is, the poor and uneducated have always been cannon fodder and they always will be.
The rich like George Bush, get to have cushy tailor made assignments protecting Texas from the Viet Cong.
HA! HA! HA! That's funny!!
How many people have been killed promoting democracy in Iraq?
And how's that whole Democracy thing going over there anyway?
In order for your SAT score to be even above average, you must have had an 800 in Math, because you likely failed the reading comprehension section if you actually believe JK's double-talk back-tracking.
Nearly every soldier I personally know or my family has spoken with has good reports of the fight in Iraq. They are shocked at the negative reporting and the bleak picture painted by the US media and the opposition party.
Look, I don't think anybody here wants to get into another Iraq argument. You clearly have your view, and no amount of enlightenment is going to change your mind.
As an aside, I'm sure you aren't the only one here with a great SAT score. Constantly reminding everyone how smart you are doesn't win friends, influence people, or make for a good argument.
What's hilarious is that even the Dems are treating him like a leper on this one.
Don Imus, echoing may Democratic strategists, begged him [on national radio]: "Please stop it. Stop talking. Go home, get on the bike, go windsurfing, anything. Stop it. You're going to ruin this."
Montana Democratic Senate candidate Jon Tester concurred: "Sen. Kerry's remarks were poorly worded and just plain stupid. He owes our troops and their families an apology."
I have another friend who has done numerous tours of duty in Iraq and is now back there working as private security.
We talked at length about the situation in Iraq and he showed me a slideshow that included quite a few very gruesome images.
He does not describe it as "hunky-dory" like whoever you have talked to. He says that most soldiers who come back don't want to talk about what is really going on over there because they don't want to bring people down.
He told me it is horrible, you do not know who the enemy is, innocent civilians including women and children are killed all the time, the people hate Americans and will always hate Americans, and the only thing he cares about is getting himself and his buddies home safe.
I could tell you some really disgusting and sad stories he told me, but they would probably be very different from what you want to believe, so what is the point?
I'm glad you are enjoying Kerry's botched joke, because the whole situation in Iraq is Bush's botched joke.
Enjoy it while it lasts because lots of people are dying unnecessarily as a result of Bush's botched joke.
Pretty funny, huh?
You're probably young enough, so if you care about the troops so much why don't you enlist and help them out so you can verify all those "good reports" you're getting from Iraq.
...I am sorry I tried shredding you like that in the last post. I was in a bad mood and wasn't being nice.
I was reading the thread on Shan's blog...just to be clear, I pretty much agree with your positions on abortion. I still honestly have some questions on this topic myself.
As to Iraq, I feel badly for your friend's experiences there and can't say that I do or want to relate to the horrors the soldiers have gone through. It isn't all hunky-dory and I don't think that. I have just heard some encouraging reports that indicate not everything is all bad and as bleak as the media presents it. Maybe over-all it is even worse and the reports I've heard are the best case scenario...don't know.
My country is at war, I'm young, and one part of me actually has thoughts of signing up...not doing so probably has more to do with me being selfish than stupid.
Look I was for the war before I was against it, too.
Why?
Because they lied to me and everyone else and said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and it was a clear and present danger to the U.S.
Turns out that was a big bunch of baloney.
Then the mission became to topple Saddam because he is a bad guy.
OK but there are a lot of other bad guys who have not been keeping Iran in check for decades. Why do we want to destablize that region and let them elect someone else whose ideology squares with Iran and the rest of the USA hating Middle East?
Ummm we hadn't thought of that.
Then the mission became "let's fight the terrorists overseas, not here at home."
OK! Mission Accomplished, of course in order to accomplish it we had to give people a good reason to become terrorists as well as create a perfect situation for terrorists to flourish in, but we're doing it, we're fighting terrorists and creating more of them every day.
Wonderful!
Then the mission became "we want to spread democracy."
Really?
Why don't we try spreading democracy somewhere where the democratically elected leaders won't hate us and try to destroy us?
That ain't an efficient use of resources.
Now the mission is "how do we make it look like we know what we're doing so that they don't throw too many Republicans out in the next election?"
Sound like a mission you want to give your life for?
Bad move. Unless you want to die and kill for no defined objective or really good reason.
Why don't you read up on what Pat Tillman's brother has to say about the conflict?
I would rather have a clear objective and goal to fight for, even if that goal is "set up a puppet government in Iraq and control that country indefinitely so that we can suck all of the resources out of it. When the resources are gone and they have nothing left to offer, then we set up military basis which we will use to bomb Iran back into the stoneage if they don't behave."
That would be tons better than what we are doing now.
I don't think we were lied to. Every European nation and Israel thought the same thing about WMDs.
It is hard for me to reconcile that Sadam flipped his finger at the world when he knew the US wasn't going to just fire missiles at an aspirin factory anymore; we meant business. Why pull the arrogant stunt he did when he could have co-operated?
Isn't your timeline a bit curious as to the "changing" reason for being there? I remember hearing all those good reasons before we ever invaded Iraq in the first place...maybe I'm wrong.
Here are the reasons I wish Bush would give for being in Iraq:
If/when Sadam died, his admin. was too weak to stand up to the rising tide of extremist Islam being grown in Iran and Saudi Arabia. We must stop Russia's growing power and influence in the region. We can not afford for them to have any influence on our oil supply.
We can't afford for our ally Israel to be threatened in any way.
We must have a military presence in Afghanistan and Iraq to keep everybody playing nice.
Of course, this isn't ever going to be said and the Bush administration is being entirely too mamsey-pamsey about it. I don't think you give them enough credit; I'm sure they understand all this.
But, do you really believe there are enough hawkish Democrats with enough backbone to show a fraction of this strength? They would pull out by July of next year if they could, causing an even bigger mess. Do you think the world and the radical Islamists would respect and love us for that? (honest question)
I don't care if they love us because I'm convinced there is nothing we can do about it. I'd settle for them fearing us.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Rev. Ted Haggard said Friday he bought methamphetamine and received a massage from a male prostitute. But the influential Christian evangelist insisted he threw the drugs away and never had sex with the man.
Haggard, who as president of the National Association of Evangelicals wielded influence on Capitol Hill and condemned both gay marriage and homosexuality, resigned on Thursday after a Denver man named Mike Jones claimed that he had many drug-fueled trysts with Haggard.
On Friday, Haggard said that he received a massage from Jones after being referred to him by a Denver hotel, and that he bought meth for himself from the man.
Everything I've seen points to the fact that George was hell-bent on invading Iraq no matter what.
Another unintended consequence is that every dictator on the planet is racing to get nukes so they won't be deposed like Saddam.
They really don't fear us because they know we are over-extended in Iraq. We have neither the political will nor the military and economic strength to police the world and our standing in the international community is at such a low ebb, that we basically have to go it alone from now on.
Think North Korea is scared?
Nah!
Iran is now no longer preoccupied with Iraq and they can further their genocidal plans with the support of the entire Islamic world. They will wait us out, and they'll be running the region when we're gone.
Hugo Chavez the disgusting socialist dicatator is now being openly cheered by Americans and abroad.
WASHINGTON - Rep. Bob Ney of Ohio, who pleaded guilty last month in the Jack Abramoff influence-peddling investigation, resigned from Congress on Friday.
Ney pleaded guilty Oct. 13 to conspiracy and making false statements, acknowledging taking trips, tickets, meals and campaign donations from disgraced lobbyist Abramoff in return for official actions on behalf of Abramoff clients.
It took a while, but it looks like voters in Ohio are finally starting to get a clue when it comes to politics (If the early returns are correct.)
Of course they had to ruin the country first by electing Bush, but some thick-headed people only learn the hard way.
This vindicates my belief that the only way people in Ohio can get a clue about politics is if you beat them over the head daily with a two-by-four. (Which is what I have been doing.)
I take credit not only for John and Sharla disavowing the Republican Party, but for any losses Republicans suffer in this selection.
Forget all that mean stuff I said before the election.
Now is the time to come together and to focus on healing.
And also to focus on making sure our Moron-n-Chief and his Scumbag Vice President don't get too many more of our brave boys killed in Iraq for no good reason.
I'm a happy man tonight and I wanna thank the good Republicans from Ohio all two percent of them, who were finally able to find their rear end with both hands.
As you can see by this gracious victory speech, I am willing to let bygones be bygones and to work together with the few remaining Republicans in Congress to try to crush what is left of Bush's tattered agenda.
P.S. Corrupt Congressman Pombo is gone despite huge monetary support from Bush and the oil companies.
16 comments:
THAT IS AWESOME!
I love it!! hahaha
The funny thing about it is that John Kerry wasn't even talking about them. (It's pretty clear to me anyway, but then I scored pretty high on the SATs)
And even if he was, how many valedictorians do you think are in that photo?
The truth is, the poor and uneducated have always been cannon fodder and they always will be.
The rich like George Bush, get to have cushy tailor made assignments protecting Texas from the Viet Cong.
HA! HA! HA! That's funny!!
How many people have been killed promoting democracy in Iraq?
And how's that whole Democracy thing going over there anyway?
Do they love us yet?
DAC,
In order for your SAT score to be even above average, you must have had an 800 in Math, because you likely failed the reading comprehension section if you actually believe JK's double-talk back-tracking.
Nearly every soldier I personally know or my family has spoken with has good reports of the fight in Iraq. They are shocked at the negative reporting and the bleak picture painted by the US media and the opposition party.
Look, I don't think anybody here wants to get into another Iraq argument. You clearly have your view, and no amount of enlightenment is going to change your mind.
As an aside, I'm sure you aren't the only one here with a great SAT score. Constantly reminding everyone how smart you are doesn't win friends, influence people, or make for a good argument.
What's hilarious is that even the Dems are treating him like a leper on this one.
Don Imus, echoing may Democratic strategists, begged him [on national radio]: "Please stop it. Stop talking. Go home, get on the bike, go windsurfing, anything. Stop it. You're going to ruin this."
Montana Democratic Senate candidate Jon Tester concurred: "Sen. Kerry's remarks were poorly worded and just plain stupid. He owes our troops and their families an apology."
Dick Cheney on John Kerry's "apology" today:
"He was for the joke before he was against it."
Zzzing! haha!
PMB-
My best friend from highschool is in Iraq.
I have another friend who has done numerous tours of duty in Iraq and is now back there working as private security.
We talked at length about the situation in Iraq and he showed me a slideshow that included quite a few very gruesome images.
He does not describe it as "hunky-dory" like whoever you have talked to. He says that most soldiers who come back don't want to talk about what is really going on over there because they don't want to bring people down.
He told me it is horrible, you do not know who the enemy is, innocent civilians including women and children are killed all the time, the people hate Americans and will always hate Americans, and the only thing he cares about is getting himself and his buddies home safe.
I could tell you some really disgusting and sad stories he told me, but they would probably be very different from what you want to believe, so what is the point?
I'm glad you are enjoying Kerry's botched joke, because the whole situation in Iraq is Bush's botched joke.
Enjoy it while it lasts because lots of people are dying unnecessarily as a result of Bush's botched joke.
Pretty funny, huh?
You're probably young enough, so if you care about the troops so much why don't you enlist and help them out so you can verify all those "good reports" you're getting from Iraq.
I bet you won't and you know why?
You aren't stupid...
Israel,
...I am sorry I tried shredding you like that in the last post. I was in a bad mood and wasn't being nice.
I was reading the thread on Shan's blog...just to be clear, I pretty much agree with your positions on abortion. I still honestly have some questions on this topic myself.
As to Iraq, I feel badly for your friend's experiences there and can't say that I do or want to relate to the horrors the soldiers have gone through. It isn't all hunky-dory and I don't think that. I have just heard some encouraging reports that indicate not everything is all bad and as bleak as the media presents it. Maybe over-all it is even worse and the reports I've heard are the best case scenario...don't know.
My country is at war, I'm young, and one part of me actually has thoughts of signing up...not doing so probably has more to do with me being selfish than stupid.
PMB No problem, shred away.
----
Look I was for the war before I was against it, too.
Why?
Because they lied to me and everyone else and said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and it was a clear and present danger to the U.S.
Turns out that was a big bunch of baloney.
Then the mission became to topple Saddam because he is a bad guy.
OK but there are a lot of other bad guys who have not been keeping Iran in check for decades. Why do we want to destablize that region and let them elect someone else whose ideology squares with Iran and the rest of the USA hating Middle East?
Ummm we hadn't thought of that.
Then the mission became "let's fight the terrorists overseas, not here at home."
OK! Mission Accomplished, of course in order to accomplish it we had to give people a good reason to become terrorists as well as create a perfect situation for terrorists to flourish in, but we're doing it, we're fighting terrorists and creating more of them every day.
Wonderful!
Then the mission became "we want to spread democracy."
Really?
Why don't we try spreading democracy somewhere where the democratically elected leaders won't hate us and try to destroy us?
That ain't an efficient use of resources.
Now the mission is "how do we make it look like we know what we're doing so that they don't throw too many Republicans out in the next election?"
Sound like a mission you want to give your life for?
Bad move. Unless you want to die and kill for no defined objective or really good reason.
Why don't you read up on what Pat Tillman's brother has to say about the conflict?
I would rather have a clear objective and goal to fight for, even if that goal is "set up a puppet government in Iraq and control that country indefinitely so that we can suck all of the resources out of it. When the resources are gone and they have nothing left to offer, then we set up military basis which we will use to bomb Iran back into the stoneage if they don't behave."
That would be tons better than what we are doing now.
Yea, it is a real pickle.
I don't think we were lied to. Every European nation and Israel thought the same thing about WMDs.
It is hard for me to reconcile that Sadam flipped his finger at the world when he knew the US wasn't going to just fire missiles at an aspirin factory anymore; we meant business. Why pull the arrogant stunt he did when he could have co-operated?
Isn't your timeline a bit curious as to the "changing" reason for being there? I remember hearing all those good reasons before we ever invaded Iraq in the first place...maybe I'm wrong.
Here are the reasons I wish Bush would give for being in Iraq:
If/when Sadam died, his admin. was too weak to stand up to the rising tide of extremist Islam being grown in Iran and Saudi Arabia.
We must stop Russia's growing power and influence in the region. We can not afford for them to have any influence on our oil supply.
We can't afford for our ally Israel to be threatened in any way.
We must have a military presence in Afghanistan and Iraq to keep everybody playing nice.
Of course, this isn't ever going to be said and the Bush administration is being entirely too mamsey-pamsey about it. I don't think you give them enough credit; I'm sure they understand all this.
But, do you really believe there are enough hawkish Democrats with enough backbone to show a fraction of this strength? They would pull out by July of next year if they could, causing an even bigger mess. Do you think the world and the radical Islamists would respect and love us for that? (honest question)
I don't care if they love us because I'm convinced there is nothing we can do about it. I'd settle for them fearing us.
WANNA BET HE'S REPUBLICAN?
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Rev. Ted Haggard said Friday he bought methamphetamine and received a massage from a male prostitute. But the influential Christian evangelist insisted he threw the drugs away and never had sex with the man.
Haggard, who as president of the National Association of Evangelicals wielded influence on Capitol Hill and condemned both gay marriage and homosexuality, resigned on Thursday after a Denver man named Mike Jones claimed that he had many drug-fueled trysts with Haggard.
On Friday, Haggard said that he received a massage from Jones after being referred to him by a Denver hotel, and that he bought meth for himself from the man.
(Just a guess, but I'm guessing it's spot on...)
Everything I've seen points to the fact that George was hell-bent on invading Iraq no matter what.
Another unintended consequence is that every dictator on the planet is racing to get nukes so they won't be deposed like Saddam.
They really don't fear us because they know we are over-extended in Iraq. We have neither the political will nor the military and economic strength to police the world and our standing in the international community is at such a low ebb, that we basically have to go it alone from now on.
Think North Korea is scared?
Nah!
Iran is now no longer preoccupied with Iraq and they can further their genocidal plans with the support of the entire Islamic world. They will wait us out, and they'll be running the region when we're gone.
Hugo Chavez the disgusting socialist dicatator is now being openly cheered by Americans and abroad.
Thanks George...
GOTTA LOVE THOSE OHIO REPUBLICANS
WASHINGTON - Rep. Bob Ney of Ohio, who pleaded guilty last month in the Jack Abramoff influence-peddling investigation, resigned from Congress on Friday.
Ney pleaded guilty Oct. 13 to conspiracy and making false statements, acknowledging taking trips, tickets, meals and campaign donations from disgraced lobbyist Abramoff in return for official actions on behalf of Abramoff clients.
Those dumb Ohio rebublicans!
It took a while, but it looks like voters in Ohio are finally starting to get a clue when it comes to politics (If the early returns are correct.)
Of course they had to ruin the country first by electing Bush, but some thick-headed people only learn the hard way.
This vindicates my belief that the only way people in Ohio can get a clue about politics is if you beat them over the head daily with a two-by-four. (Which is what I have been doing.)
I take credit not only for John and Sharla disavowing the Republican Party, but for any losses Republicans suffer in this selection.
It was a hard job, but I had to do it.
Thank you.
My fellow Americans...
Forget all that mean stuff I said before the election.
Now is the time to come together and to focus on healing.
And also to focus on making sure our Moron-n-Chief and his Scumbag Vice President don't get too many more of our brave boys killed in Iraq for no good reason.
I'm a happy man tonight and I wanna thank the good Republicans from Ohio all two percent of them, who were finally able to find their rear end with both hands.
As you can see by this gracious victory speech, I am willing to let bygones be bygones and to work together with the few remaining Republicans in Congress to try to crush what is left of Bush's tattered agenda.
P.S. Corrupt Congressman Pombo is gone despite huge monetary support from Bush and the oil companies.
The lesbian beat the welfare cheat handily.
Post a Comment