I have noticed that the vast majority of bloggers out there try to maintain some sort of anonymity. They use nicknames and code words and all manner of spy-speak to conceal their true identities. I’m not worried until they start whispering into their lapel pins.
When I started this blog, I guess I never gave it a second thought. I was so used to having my name attached to everything I wrote for the paper that I never considered trying to remain nameless and faceless.
By this point, for me to go through and find every personal reference on this blog would take forever. And even then I’d probably miss something, not to mention the fact that Google routinely caches pages.
The proverbial cat is out of the bag.
But the truth is I guess I prefer being “out there.” I’ve always been kind of a transparent, feelings-on-my-sleeves person. So why change now?
Besides, when you’re 6-foot-8, it’s kinda tough to go undercover.
P.S. - Please forgive the lame photoshop.

5 comments:
I was really into the whole anonymity thing, now I don't care as much. If I'm called out, there I'll be...if not...I'll still be there.
I do maintain some spy-speak though, but only when I talk about my friends or classmates or pretty much every one else...why bring the world into any potential blackmail later? Just not worth it!
Well, if anyone asks you who I really am, tell them I'm Bernie Finkelstien from Tuskaloosa.
Who is this "israel" character and why is he trying to steal my identity?
Great, now he's talking to himself...
Back in the day Josh's girlfriends would always call and I'd always have to answer which was a big waste of my time.
Once I told one of them he was out, I didn't know where he was and that he had gone wherever he had gone "incognito" because he didn't want anyone knowing where he was and what he was doing.
She's like. "He's in Cognito? Where's that?"
So I told her it was near "Nostaki" ("No Esta Aqui" which means "He's not here in Spanish") and hung up.
She called back demanding information about when Josh was getting back from Cognito.
Post a Comment