Wednesday, February 14, 2007

You call this a blizzard?

So I went and drove around my little corner of Toledo for awhile this evening, then swung by the campus to take a few pics with my new camera.

I have to say that, while conditions weren’t exactly ideal, they certainly didn’t warrant shutting the whole town down for. Of course I didn’t really get into the outlying areas, where I’m sure conditions weren’t so great.

All classes were canceled for Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning, and possibly Wednesday afternoon depending on what the weather does from here on out.

Anyway, I got a handful of pictures. You can see the rest of them by clicking here. I have a little bit of video too, but I'm not real happy with it. It will take a little bit of editing to make it presentable, and I don't really have the energy for it right now.

UPDATE: Click here for ODOT's live WebCam at the corner of Reynolds Road and Central Avenue, which is a block from my apartment.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice John. I like them. I hope you like your camera!

Hully said...

Thanks. I added a few more from this morning, so you'll want to go back and check them out.

BeccaHolsapple said...

That looks nice...probably not much fun to be in but it's beautiful!

Jeshanah said...

Aww man... That looks like fun! Are you guys going to take Ness sledding or anything??

Hully said...

It's actually quite lovely if you stay out of the wind. The sun is shining, as you can see from the pictures. I walked down to the Botanical Garden for some of those pictures and felt quite refreshed when I got back.

Shan, I know they were out at the property working on the house most of the day. Janessa played in the snow while they worked. It's good sledding snow, but it's very windy with single-digit wind-chills. I'd bet the breeze coming off the reservoir is a little less than pleasant.

According to the local ABC affiliate, Lima got 15 inches of snow and Toledo got just eight. I feel gypped.

Jeshanah said...

How do ta think I feel? I was there for 5 weeks and nothing!!

Jeshanah said...

"ya"

How do ya think I feel? I was there for 5 weeks and nothing!!

Anonymous said...

Janessa played and played and played! I kept making her come back in to get thawed out, but she wanted to get right back out there. She had plenty of snow to dig a small fort, make snow angels, and, of course, eat! The eating was her favorite, although she did enjoy sweeping it!?! She got a big push broom and was outside sweeping the snow. I don't know why...she thought it was the thing to do, I guess. We had a snowball fight and I was able to reach two really big icicles which she used as swords to scare off "the evil villians". Needless to say Janessa had a great Valentine's day.

Sharla said...

It was a really fun day! We haven't had this much snow in ages, it was lots of fun! Jess and I tramped through huge drifts up to the top of the hill carrying construction trash up to burn. The snow was up to our knees! I told Jess I felt like Laura Ingalls. Lol. It was exhilerating!

Sharla said...

Some great pics there John. I especially liked the third from the last, the white forground, the black trees and the vivid blue sky. Beautiful.

Jeshanah said...

Yeah, I thought the pictures were awesome, John!! Well done!

I'm glad you are all having fun in the snow. Wish I were there. =)