Monday, October 16, 2006

Potomac pining

It might have had something to do with our movie selections on Friday and Saturday nights, but I started getting “homesick” for Washington D.C. this past weekend.

Friday night, the grownups all watched “Clear and Present Danger,” (Harrison Ford, James Earl Jones). Then on Saturday night we watched the original “Absent Minded Professor,” both of which featured several shots of D.C.

Having lived and worked there for 11 weeks last summer, I love seeing movies now that show D.C. It brings back a lot of great memories. Plus it’s neat to see a scene and know exactly where it is in the city. I can’t wait to go back.

I was talking to Ms. Zvx on Sunday and she said that she had never been there and wanted to go. Well that was all the prompting I needed. Now I’m all stoked about going there with the whole family, if any of us ever get any time. I love taking other people and showing them all the cool stuff I love about the city that you don’t read about in the brochures.

A couple of the friends I made while I was there now have jobs in D.C. and are living there. One is an accountant with the Treasury Dept. and the other is a staffer for Sen. Mike DeWine. If I get a chance to go back I want to make sure to look them up.

1 comment:

Israel said...

Hopefully a lot of ex-Republican Representatives will be feeling homesick for D.C. after the first week of November.

Ohio Republican Ney pled guilty to accepting bribes from Abramoff last week.

Our local corrupt Republican Representative Pombo said he "barely knew" Abramoff even through records show he met with him personally and his office was lobbied by Abramoff dozens of times according to records from Abramoff that were released recently.

Pombo said Abramoff just "made those records up." Cuz he's a bad guy, see and I barely knew him. Well we'll see exactly how stupid the people in his district really are.