It is two o’clock in the morning and one question keeps going through my mind: Why can’t I sleep normal hours like a normal person?
I’ve been this way for as long as I can remember. Most nights my body just doesn’t shut down until 2:30 or so. And I have no clue why, or how to fix it.
Suggestions?

6 comments:
Don't take 8 O'clock classes.
I took one and fell asleep almost daily, Christine would entertain herself by sticking stuff up my nose and in my ears as I slept.
Then she got really mad when I got an "A" and she didn't. Maybe she should have paid more attention.
Maybe you should be a night cops reporter.
Journalism is a perfect job for the morning impaired.
Show up at 9 or 10. Read the paper, while drinking a cup of coffee. Think about possible story ideas.
Go around gossiping with all your buddies in the newsroom.
Hey it's time for lunch!
Back at 1:30 refreshed and ready to start making some calls.
Make some calls.
Write your story. It's 6:30 time to go home.
My theory is that at 6' 8'' you're just too tall.
People fall asleep from feet first (that's why your feet sometimes fall asleep even when you're awake.)
So because you're too tall it takes too long for the sleep to reach your head. You can't fall asleep if your head's awake.
Maybe you could amputate your legs at the knee. Then you'd be normal height and you'd fall asleep earlier.
Other than that I have no suggestions...
Classes at 8 aren't a problem as I am up at 7 every day anyway. My earliest class is 8:30 and that's only twice a week.
Your description of a typical day for a journalist is pretty much spot on. Eerily so.
Sports is a little different. I did that a couple days a week. Mondays were essentially the same, except the time was later (go in at 3, dinner at 7) and instead of making calls I was laying out pages (starting around 8). On Fridays I would roll in even later, go cover my football or basketball game, go back and write my story, and get paid eight hours for maybe four hours of real actual “work.” I loved that job.
As far as the current situation, there seems to be a serious flaw in your amputation theory. If I fall asleep feet first, but then I amputate my legs from the knee down, don’t I run the risk of never being able to fall asleep again? I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that risk.
Yeah, sounds too risky. Then you would be like those people that Aunt Barb was telling us about, that die from not being able to fall asleep. Crazy!!
If you ever figure out how to become a morning person instead of a night owl, let me know...
Shan, this is how:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw9ICoA9ZkI
Yeah, except I think too much caffeine might be my problem with falling asleep...
Post a Comment