"Poll Shows Congressional Approval Ratings Have Returned to Pre-Election Levels
"The Democrats in Congress have lost much of the leadership edge they carried out of the 2006 midterm election, with the lack of progress in
"Six weeks ago the Democrats held a 24-point lead over Bush as the stronger leadership force in
This on the heels of the news of the 94-page indictment of Rep. William Jefferson (D-La.), which listed 16 violations including federal charges of racketeering, soliciting bribes and money-laundering. He faces 235 years in prison if convicted.
This is the guy who was found to have $90,000 in cash stuffed in a freezer in his home in
I was under the impression that having Democrats in power instead of Republicans would a) solve all of the nation's problems, and b) rid the government of corruption. Well, that didn't last long.

9 comments:
Well, I know this has nothing to do with your post, but I thought it was worth mentionning.
I was telling Brandon how Papa, Grandma and Nessa were going to come to play with him soon and the first thing he said was :"And uncle John!?!" He was quite dissapointed when I told him you couldn't come this time.
Well that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :-)
By the way, for those keeping score at home, cute-kid posts are allowed under political topics, but political posts are not allowed under cute-kid topics. Just an FYI...
Is that retard George W. still in office?
Thought so...
You ever heard of the Executive Branch and it's role in the legislative process?
No?
You should probably look into it...
What, nothing about Scooter Libby the Vice President's Chief of Staff who just got sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison?
Guess you must've missed that...
I'm not defending the Bush administration by any stretch. I'm certainly not a big fan. I'm just merely pointing out that it goes both ways. Neither party can claim the high road. They both abandoned it years ago.
By the way, isn't "retard" politically incorrect? I believe your question should read, "Is that developmentally disabled George W. still in office?"
I didn't want to offend the developmentally disabled by comparing them to Bush.
Since "Retard" is so politically incorrect developmentally disadvantaged folks aren't considered "retards" anymore, so that opens the term up for use when referring to Bush.
See I'm always thinking...
Always ahead of the curve.
At least Democrats don't mistreat Latinos. Oh wait. They do that too.
*ducks*
Post a Comment