She doesn’t like the spotlight. That’s why I don’t post about her very often on here. But I can’t think of anyone more deserving of being the center of attention than my beautiful bride. Mr. Knightley, the hero in Jane Austen’s “Emma,” said that “Men of sense, whatever you may say, do not want silly wives.” I am blessed beyond words in that I have a wife who has more common sense than anyone I know, yet has an uncanny ability to be able to laugh at herself and enjoy life without being a stick in the mud.
She is, in a word, all class.
She is wise, intelligent, genuine, funny, beautiful, honest, hard-working, patient, a gifted teacher, a natural mother, my rock, my inspiration, my confidant, my best friend.
And above all, she loves the Lord Jesus and her heart’s desire is to be more like him. I could not ask for more in a wife.
Happy birthday, Jess. I hope that the next year brings you everything you deserve and more.

8 comments:
Happy Birthday Jess!!!! That's a great picture of you!! Hope you have a great day!!!
Yep, that's my sister!! Happy birthday, Jess!! =)
Happy birthday Jess.
(Elisabeth is reading this with me. "I hope I marry a guy like that! He's so sweet".)
By the way, "all class" is two words.
I look confused in that picture.
As a firstborn, she sets the bar pretty high. She has contributed imeasurably to the pride we now take in all our children! Jess has been a blessing to us everyday of her life.
I feel confidant that I, the youngest child, have far surpassed that high bar...
At least Jess knows how to post under her own name. ;-) :-p
Post a Comment