Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"Umm, now what do we do?"

Things have been awful quiet around home (wherever that is) lately. The Princess went out West with her Grandma and Grandpa, leaving her Mom and Dad all alone for a couple weeks. So we've been wandering around aimlessly, imprisoned by our freedom.

You don't realize what an absolutely integral part of your life a child is (especially one as sweet and as special as mine) until you have to spend a few days without them. It's like spending a few days without your right arm.

Actually, that's not quite right. Because I could live without my right arm. It's more like spending a few days without your heart. You can't. And that's how I feel. Like my heart packed up and headed out. There is a gaping hole in my chest where the sweetest little girl in the world normally resides.

I can't wait for her to get back. Now that school is done, I am soooo looking forward to catching back up with her. I felt like I missed so much of the last nine months of her life.

I want to be a family again, to have a normal life that doesn't involve outlines and appellate briefs and marathon study sessions and exams, to be together, to go on fun little outings. I miss that. I miss her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww.

This may make you laugh a little (but probably won't make you feel better).
Flying Squirel

Hully said...

Well, now I know what we will do when she gets back. :-D