It just means that as bad as things may seem at any point in our lives, joy always comes in the morning. We may not always know what shape it will take. But it will always come. I literally do not know what tomorrow, or the day after that, or the day after that holds, but I do know that God has a better plan in mind. And I would rather rejoice in that plan instead of moping around about the past.
There is a famous quote from Shakespeare that says, "What is past is prologue." The prologue of a story is just an introduction of the background of the story. The good part, the stuff that is really important, is the story itself. The past merely sets the stage for what is about to happen. But if you just stop at the prologue and never read the story, you are completely missing out on the best part.
5 comments:
Does that mean you get to stay or what?
Cryptic, far too cryptic...
It just means that as bad as things may seem at any point in our lives, joy always comes in the morning. We may not always know what shape it will take. But it will always come. I literally do not know what tomorrow, or the day after that, or the day after that holds, but I do know that God has a better plan in mind. And I would rather rejoice in that plan instead of moping around about the past.
There is a famous quote from Shakespeare that says, "What is past is prologue." The prologue of a story is just an introduction of the background of the story. The good part, the stuff that is really important, is the story itself. The past merely sets the stage for what is about to happen. But if you just stop at the prologue and never read the story, you are completely missing out on the best part.
Good words, John!!! I say, Amen to that!=)
Actually I'm not a big fan of mornings. Joy doesn't come to me until early afternoon.
^^ Haha, Israel. I can relate.
That just about made me spurt Code Red all over my laptop. Thanks.
Post a Comment