Article Link:Signs of Intelligence?
By Fred Thompson
"One of the things that's got to be going through a lot of peoples' minds now is how one man with two handguns, that he had to reload time and time again, could go from classroom to classroom on the Virginia Tech campus without being stopped. Much of the answer can be found in policies put in place by the university itself.
...."So Virginians asked their legislators to change the university's "concealed carry" policy to exempt people 21 years of age or older who have passed background checks and taken training classes. The university, however, lobbied against that bill, and a top administrator subsequently praised the legislature for blocking the measure.
"The logic behind this attitude baffles me, but I suspect it has to do with a basic difference in worldviews. Some people think that power should exist only at the top, and everybody else should rely on "the authorities" for protection.
....
"Whenever I've seen one of those "Gun-free Zone" signs, especially outside of a school filled with our youngest and most vulnerable citizens, I've always wondered exactly who these signs are directed at. Obviously, they don't mean much to the sort of man who murdered 32 people just a few days ago."

79 comments:
One hates to think that we'll need to live in a world where everyone will need to be armed, but unfortunately the day seems to be fast approaching. It's like a return to the old west, and I never dreamed we'd see it. I heard about a study where everyone in a certain city was forced to have at least one gun per household(with very few exceptions) and it said the crime rate went down significantly. I thought it was very interesting.
I am not one of those anti-gun people, but I have to say that I thought it was disgusting that President Bush had to throw a bone to the NRA in the very same breath in which he was supposed to be offering condolences to the victims.
That was absolutely disgusting and it just shows how deep deep in the lobbyist's pockets the Republicans are.
Trying to make political hay out of this to support the NRA is absolutely disgusting...
Another third-rate actor turned politician (Thompson) blaming someone else for the tragedy other than the shooter?
Absolutely disgusting...
George Will blaming liberals for the Duke lacrosse players being wrongfully prosecuted for rape?
Absolutely disgusting...
Alberto Gonzalez claiming he knew almost nothing about the firings at the attorney generals office and laying the entire affair at the feet of a 33-year-old graduate of a televangelists (Fourth Tier) law School (who had never worked as a prosecuter before she supposedly came in and axed all these guys?)
Absolutely disgusting...
When will these slimebags stop insulting our intelligence?
I guess it will happen when we grow a brain. (Don't hold your breath....)
Sharla, I don't think we need to live in a wild-West world where we're all armed. But the opposite end of the spectrum isn't working. Self-defense free zones only serve to embolden criminals. We may as well post signs that say, "Feel free to commit violent crime here without fear of interference."
We don't need to have everyone armed. What we need is for criminals to know that the people he wants to victimize might be armed. We can't do that in self-defense free zones.
haha kinda the same thing on the other side there isnt it israel when hillery said it is time to look into stiffer gun control laws how is that any different other than that doesnt support your side
I wanna get a conceal and carry license!! I wanted to go get one this summer while I was in Ohio!!
About Hillary and looking into gun control, the difference is:
1)Anybody who doesn't think someone should look into why this nut job was able to buy a gun is an idiot.
2)Hillary is not inserting bought-and-paid-for political speech into his message of condolence
It is obvious that Bush's concern for the feelings of the NRA trumps his feelings of concern for the victims. Just look at his statement and the way he gave it. It was totally disgusting to cover his political bases first and then offer condolences.
Go ahead and defend guns later, after you offer your condolences. Show some common decency. Is that too much to ask?
3) It is idiotic to think that if this wasn't a "gun free zone" or whatever that all the students would have been armed to the teeth at 7:30 in the morning and they would have fired back and killed this guy before he was able to hurt anyone. It is also idiotic to think that this guy would have been dissuaded by some pro-gun policy on campus.
Sigh!
Why do I even have to point this stuff out? It's an absolute no-brainer.
I didn't see or hear Bush's comments, so I am not able to comment on them either way. I do know, however, that it was the left and the media who introduced the gun control issue first. The bodies weren't even cold and reporters were grilling the White House about increased gun control.
And to suggest Hillary isn't bought and paid for is either incredible naivety or willful blindness. She may not be bought and paid for by the gun lobby. But she has her hands in someone's pockets, else she wouldn't be where she is.
No, this "nut job" should not have been able to buy a gun. And there should be an investigation into why record of his mental illness was not entered into the database for background checks.
Finally, I will have to strongly disagree with the notion that it is a "no-brainer" that allowing licensed 21-year-old college students or professors to carry a concealed weapon on campus would not have either stopped or deterred the shooter. To blindly brush the issue aside is a big mistake. There is more than enough evidence to the merits of the argument that it at least needs to be discussed.
If the left wants to debate gun control, I say bring it. Because they can't win the argument. Liberals love to give Bill Clinton the credit for the reduction of violent crime during his administration. But what they don't like to talk about is the fact that the number of states that legalized conceal and carry DOUBLED during Clinton's eight years in office DESPITE his efforts to curb gun owner rights. According to a CDC study, approximately 500,000 crimes were prevented last year because of citizen gun owners.
It's a no-brainer. Conceal and Carry laws do reduce crime, both as a deterrent and as a defense mechanism.
(I'm supposed to be taking a break from this blog and studying. But guns are a lot more fun to talk about than anticipatory repudiation and defensive use of issue preclusion.)
The difference between Hillary is again, that nobody is paying her to come out for gun control. There is no gun control lobby pumping millions of dollars into individual democratic campaign coffers and into the Democratic National Committee. She is saying what she is saying because she believes in it, not because someone paid her to say it.
Bush on the other hand cannot even offer condolences to the victims without spouting the NRA party line first. We are talking about in the same breath. Are you telling me that if the NRA did not pump all that money into Republican coffers that he would have done that.
No decent human being would have done that.
That is the difference. Do you guys get it now?
Again, I am not pro gun control, I am anti-politician control by big money special interests that are so powerful that they even override common decency during a time of national crisis.
The issue of gun control aside, I am disgusted by Bush and you should be too...
I already told you that I did not see, hear, nor read Bush's comments, so I am not able to comment either way on what was said.
I will say this, I do believe that he truly believes in less gun control, regardless of whether or not the NRA puts money in his pocket. And the anti-gun lobby does put money in Hil-Dog's pockets, I guarantee it. Just like Bush believes in less gun control, she believes in more. And they both get paid to say it. Meanwhile, nothing actually gets done about anything (see also: reform, immigration). The Democrats are just as stupid and hypocritical as the Republicans.
Comparing the influence of the anti-gun lobby to the NRA is totally bogus and you know it.
The NRA is the single, richest and most important lobby in Washington and no Republican can get elected without it.
I'm not stupid or naive John, so the tactic of equating the power of the NRA to the power of the anti-gun lobby group is ridiculous-- it's like comparing a BB gun to a hydrogen bomb.
But you know that, so get back to studying...
I wasn't trying to compare the level of influence. The point I was making is that both examples I gave believe in their position on this issue regardless of where their money is coming from. Bush didn't just suddenly become pro-gun when the first check from the NRA cleared the bank.
Yeah, Israel.
What he said.
:)
Sssshhhhh!! I'm shutting up so I don't distract him from his studies...
Sorry to bring an oldish post back to life BUT....
Israel:
To say that President Bush 'throwing a bone' to the NRA in his condolence speech was 'disgusting' is a bit disingenuous.
The liberal media was quick to blame gun control(or the lack off) as the cause of the Virginia Tech tragedy, interlacing this sentiment into a generous portion of the reporting after the incident.
What exactly did President Bush say that could have possibly been as bad as the half-truth mongers poorly informed attempts at creating a villain other than the kid that pulled the trigger 80 something times?
This was the usual modus operandi of the media choosing to use tragic events as an insta-soapbox.
As for the perceived issue of Bush being a puppet whose pockets are well lined by the NRA, that is speculation, stop pretending to know what you do not.
Saying that something is a 'no brainer' makes it no more or less so, why not stop and attempt to apply occam's razor...
Bush was raised in Texas, spent a term in the military, then finally became one the most staunch gun supporting politicians in history as a Texas governor.
With this information known, would it not be a simpler explanation to say that he is and quite probably always has been pro gun, rather than claiming his motivations are being manipulated over and under the table?
Hey, who knows, maybe Ruger, Colt, S&W and all their buddies got together and decided to give Bush an even 20% right off the top....yeah, that sounds like it's true, let's run with it.
Well said, Roger.
How delightful to see Roger on here with us, and so articulate. Welcome Roger :)
Israel,
No he does not live on Gomer road. He is a buckeye turned Arizonian who had the good sense to move back to Ohio! :)
Roger, I don't care what you say, it doesn't excuse Bush talking about how much he loves guns right before (not after) offering his condolences.
Blaming the media? Puh-leeze...
Guns are not the issue, common decency is.
One more thing, people don't know what occam's razor is, and you don't have to try that hard, because no matter what you write, as long as you disagree with me, all the Gomerites will sit up and clap like trained seals.
You could issue a rebuttal that consists entirely of monosyllabic grunts like:
"UGGGuGhHUuUhHHh UGGG UGGUHUHU UGGGugh UHHH!! It's the media's fault!"
and the Gomerites will respond with:
"Well said Roger!"
"Brilliant Roger!"
and "Three Cheers for Roger!"
So really no need to sprain your brain or anybody else's talking about razors.
(I prefer Gillette myself.)
;)
The Republicans and their lies --
Pat Tillman?
Jessica Lynch?
Ask yourself this, what else are they lying about to get people to swallow their baloney, hook, line and sinker???
I bet'cha it's a whole bunch of stuff folks!! Fool me once shame on you, fool me 52 times and I might as well be living in Ohio and voting for Bush.
WASHINGTON - An Army Ranger who was with Pat Tillman when the former football star was cut down by friendly fire in
Afghanistan said Tuesday a commanding officer had ordered him to keep quiet about what happened.
The military at first portrayed Tillman's death as the result of heroic combat with the enemy. Army Spc. Bryan O'Neal told a congressional hearing that when he got the chance to talk to Tillman's brother, who had been in a nearby convoy on the fateful day, "I was ordered not to tell him what happened."
"You were ordered not to tell him?" repeated Rep. Henry Waxman (news, bio, voting record), D-Calif., chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
"Roger that, sir," replied O'Neal, dressed in his Army uniform.
The revelation came as committee members questioned whether, and when, top Defense officials and the White House knew that Tillman's death in eastern Afghanistan three years ago was actually a result of gunfire from fellow U.S. soldiers.
The committee also heard from Jessica Lynch, the former Army private who was badly injured when her convoy was ambushed in
Iraq in 2003. She was later rescued by American troops from an Iraqi hospital, but the tale of her ambush was changed into a story of heroism on her part.
Still hampered by her injuries, Lynch walked slowly to the witness table, took a seat alongside Tillman's family members and said the heroism belonged to others who fought in Iraq, such as her roommate Lori Piestewa, who died in the same ambush in which Lynch was captured.
"The bottom line is the American people are capable of determining their own ideals of heroes and they don't need to be told elaborate lies," Lynch said.
Tillman's death received worldwide attention because he had walked away from a huge contract with the NFL's Arizona Cardinals to enlist in the Army after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
His family was initially misled by the
Pentagon and did not learn the truth for more than a month. Tillman was awarded a Silver Star based on fabricated accounts — who fabricated them still isn't clear after several investigations.
"We don't know what the secretary of defense knew, we don't know what the White House knew," Waxman said. "What we do know is these were not a series of accidents, these stories. They were calculatedly put out for a public relations purpose. ... Even now there seems to be a cover-up."
BOOaaarpphh, BOOaaarpphh! (the sound of booing barking seals):)
No, I was not familiar with Occam's razor, but what do you know, my computer is! In like two seconds I was up to speed. Amazing, isn't it, that a pea-brain like me, at my advanced age and living out here on Gomer road in Gomersville, has the ability to keep up. What will technology come up with next?? ...drip...
Typical Israel response. Berate the poster and those who agree with him while failing to address any of the points made, then change the subject. That method might be effective in winning arguments in court. But it is a shallow man who uses it in every situation.
P.S. One exam down, four to go. Next up: Property from 1-5 p.m. on Friday.
BTW, there is a nationwide movement by students on college campi to allow concealed carry by licensed individuals on school grounds. There are online groups forming with thousands of members already. People are sick of having their constitutional rights infringed and becoming victims, or seeing their friends become victims, as a result.
I didn't wanna address any points because I didn't wanna drag you back into the discussion...
My only point is that what Bush said and the way he said it was horribly inappropriate and no one with half a brain and a shred of common decency would have done what he did. So he is either a retard, or so afraid of offending the NRA that he is willing to sacrifice any shred of common decency he might have.
That's it. I wasn't saying anything about the merits of gun control.
Now William of Ockham, being a big believer in simplicity and clarity would have probably just said, "the simplest explaination is usually the correct one," instead of dropping some esoteric reference that sent Sharla running to Wikipedia, right?
That's why I thought it was funny, advocating simplicity while injecting something into the debate that 99.999999 percent of the population would identify as a personal hygiene product and not a philosophical construct.
So John, go back and study some more nothing here will help anyone pass a Propery exam.
Property BTW is a horrible subject by the way, my eyes are glazing over just thinking about it.
Israel:
Roger, I don't care what you say, it doesn't excuse Bush talking about how much he loves guns right before (not after) offering his condolences.
You're grasping at straws by trying to make a case out of the proximity of one statement to the next.
Blaming the media? Puh-leeze...
When did I blame the media, and for what? I simply pointed out that while you were so ready to call an isolated incident 'disgusting' you fail to recognize that your beloved pencil pushers have been doing it repeatedly since the moment reporting began.
Guns are not the issue, common decency is.
Agreed, now please have the common decency to admit you have difficulty following parallels. I will try to remember my flow charts and diagrams next time.
One more thing, people don't know what occam's razor is, and you don't have to try that hard, because no matter what you write, as long as you disagree with me, all the Gomerites will sit up and clap like trained seals.
I'm almost certain that when you say 'people' you mean 'most people' or even 'some people'. Let me assure you, people do know what occam's razor is, and if they don't it's nothing Logic 101 or a google search won't clear up for them.
Besides, given the nature of this blog and the proclivities of it's owner and participants, I'm pretty sure you know what it is as well.
If only jumping to conclusions was an Olympic sport...
And to what you posted one minute before my post:
Now William of Ockham, being a big believer in simplicity and clarity would have probably just said, "the simplest explaination is usually the correct one," instead of dropping some esoteric reference that sent Sharla running to Wikipedia, right?
You are correct about it being an esoteric reference (which by definition was perfectly acceptable to use). I logically concluded that you would be familiar with the reference, and I believe that I was correct in that conclusion.
Besides, the post was directed at you as the others here seem to have their heads screwed on straight.
That's why I thought it was funny, advocating simplicity while injecting something into the debate that 99.999999 percent of the population would identify as a personal hygiene product and not a philosophical construct.
This statement, obviously, is trite at best. Advocating simplicity is one matter, citing precedent is quite another.
I would also be interested in hearing how you came up with your '99.999999' number. Randomly inserting your IQ into a percentage is not a good substitute for solid poll statistics.
Hey, everybody Roger made a funny!!
Why aren't you laughing?
Ladies and gentlemen here you have the other end of the Republican spectrum. It has already been established that 99.999999 (give or take .ooooo1 percent) of Republicans are total Gomerites.
Here you have one with a modicum of intelligence. Unfortunately he cannot get his enormous brain (for a Republican) around the simple proposition that it is downright shameful to throw a bone to the NRA before you offer condolences to the victims of a tragedy.
Roger claims to be unable to make the great leap that it takes to come to the conclusion that a decent human being would not go up to a parent whose child has just been shot to death and the first words out of that person's mouth would be something to the effect of, "Hey! Guns are great aren't they? Oh, by the way, I'm sorry your kid is dead."
No, a decent person who has not received millions of dollars from the NRA would say something like "I'm very sorry for your loss, this was a terrible tragedy."
Then if someone asked him a question about guns, then he would answer it.
Roger is apparently so intelligent that he has somehow lost track of the notion that we can make determinations about what motivates someone by analyzing the words that come out of their mouth.
This is the great "leap" he is talking about and constitutes "jumping to conclusions."
Please, if I ever get that deluded, someone please shoot me and then go tell my mom, wife and kids how much they love guns and how much they support the NRA and its agenda, because that is a decent thing to do according to Roger Razor the genius guy.
Razor, if you are not Republican I apologize. But I suspect you probably should be.
Since you asked Roger Dodger this where you blamed the media -- or was I just jumping to world-class-olympic-gold-medal- winning conclusions here too?
Razor said:
"The liberal media was quick to blame gun control(or the lack off) as the cause of the Virginia Tech tragedy, interlacing this sentiment into a generous portion of the reporting after the incident.
What exactly did President Bush say that could have possibly been as bad as the half-truth mongers poorly informed attempts at creating a villain other than the kid that pulled the trigger 80 something times?
This was the usual modus operandi of the media choosing to use tragic events as an insta-soapbox."
Duh!! I'm not sure, but it sure sounds like blaming the media to me, Roger.
Then Roger asks "When did I blame the media, and for what?"
No wonder he gives Bush the benefit of the doubt for everything, he can't even keep track of his own arguments.
By the way. for those of you who are wondering, I don't think Bush has lost his last shred of human decency -- I just think he's a retard.
(With apologies to all the retards out there.)
It has already been established that 99.999999 (give or take .ooooo1 percent) of Republicans are total Gomerites.
There you go making up numbers again. Now really Israel, are we to ever take you seriously?
"...it is downright shameful to throw a bone to the NRA before you offer condolences to the victims of a tragedy."
What would truly be shameful would be to pretend what happened was an anomaly and not preventable. Get a clue, one or two law abiding, sidearm carrying students or teachers would have greased that little wimp before he'd gotten the chance for one reload.
Offering condolences to the victims loved ones was an important gesture, but don't be confused into thinking it's anywhere NEAR as important as making sure this doesn't happen again.
"...a decent human being would not go up to a parent whose child has just been shot to death and the first words out of that person's mouth would be something to the effect of, 'Hey! Guns are great aren't they? Oh, by the way, I'm sorry your kid is dead.'"
He was not addressing the victims parents one on one, he was addressing the public. I am not at all surprised that you do not comprehend the difference between the two.
No, a decent person who has not received millions of dollars from the NRA would say something like "I'm very sorry for your loss, this was a terrible tragedy."
And that very decent person would then hang his best condolence speech suit in his closet, near the front, to soon be used again.
Enough of the butt kissing, back patting and shoulder offering!
Fix the ignorant policies that allow things like this to happen. That should be the number one objective, not the emotions of the bereaved.
Roger is apparently so intelligent that he has somehow lost track of the notion that we can make determinations about what motivates someone by analyzing the words that come out of their mouth.
Nonsense, I had you pegged as a political dilettante from the first paragraph.
Please, if I ever get that deluded, someone please shoot me and then go tell my mom, wife and kids how much they love guns and how much they support the NRA and its agenda, because that is a decent thing to do according to Roger Razor the genius guy.
Please spare us the deluded fantasies, they are not worthy of martyrdom. Perhaps ridicule...
Razor, if you are not Republican I apologize. But I suspect you probably should be.
I am a conservative in the literal sense of the word. When weighed against this neither party appeals to me.
Then Roger asks "When did I blame the media, and for what?"
No wonder he gives Bush the benefit of the doubt for everything, he can't even keep track of his own arguments.
The media is neither intelligent nor important enough to be blamed for anything of note (except for perhaps giving ink and paper to liberals with no other discernible skill than writing articles no more substantial than ink blots).
I simply showed that you were calling President Bush's actions 'disgusting', when the media acted precisely in-kind and then some.
This again goes back to drawing parallels which I would encourage you to look into...it is a concept that would be useful for you to understand.
Also, down with liberal hypocrisy.
(that's just for the 'gomerites')
Haaaaaaaaaa!!
The "liberal media" said no such thing about Bush, I have not seen or heard any sort of media comment about his condolence speech. So it appears you are the one who is jumping to unsupported conclusions.
I came to my own conclusions, because unlike you, I am not afraid to come to conclusions that make complete an absolute sense.
And for all you Gomerites out there, don't trust a guy that uses 500 dollar words to describe 50 cent ideas. If you have to run to Wiki to understand what he's saying, chances are that he's using his vocabulary to impress, not inform.
By the way Razor, the "liberal media" is a complete figment of your deluded imagination. Where did you get that information? Fox News?
As for the Media being liberal, don't believe it, and I speak as a man who has worked for The Dallas Morning News, The San Diego Union, The San Antonio Light, The Fresno Bee, The San Jose Mercury News, The Arizona Republic, The New Times, and other newspapers.
How many major newsgathering organization has Razor worked for? None I bet.
So don't believe the FOX NEWS propaganda Razor, news stories go through editors who can be very conservative and I have seen true, legitimate news stories, written by me, after witnessing something said by Judge Bork for example, "sanitized" to fit a conservative editor's political agenda.
If anything. the media has been shamefully kissing the Bush Administration's behind for far too long.
The "liberals" you speak of often go out of their way to respect journalistic integrity (I know I did) but the conservatives often feel free to ignore professionalism and spout propaganda.
Are there lots of liberal writers, editors and columnists?
Yeah, but there are lots of conservatives too.
And as for the Publishers and the people who own these major corporations, lots of them are very conservative and they affect content more than you think.
As for the policians you claim not to care for but are so quick to defend, politicians are bought off plain and simple, especially Republican politicians and if you don't believe me look at who the major corporations (Pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, etc.) donate to most.
Look at all the Republican politicians who go directly from working for the government regulating the pharmaceutical companies and then go right to work for millions of dollars as company lobbyists as soon as they leave office. My own Republican congressman did that very thing right after he was booted out in the last election.
That is truly disgusting, don't you think? (Or is that jumping to conclusions.) I don't see how any intelligent, informed person could trust those guys at all or even compare what they do to what mostly underpaid and idealistic journalists do when they go to work every day.
Roger you seem to say a lot, yet your arguments hold very little substance. If you just want to appear intelligent by throwing around big words, join a Scrabble tournament.
I tire of exchanging words with someone incapable of original thought (especially if your jokes aren't funny) and so, good sir, I hereby bid you adieu!!
Ok, that's enough. Hugs all around. :)
Israel,
Do you have someplace we could go to see or hear exactly what you were so upset about? I didn't see the president's speech you were referring to, and I know John didn't either.
As far as bidding Roger adieu after such a short aquaintance, I believe that would be a mistake. Roger is a great guy that I know you would like if you met him in person, despite your different perspectives on politics. We all pretty much agree with Roger on that, and you still love us! :) I am sure it is not that you think you've met your match, is it??
Seriously, Roger and his bride were both music majors I understand, they are very gifted and have helped me with my new store. His wife actually works there and is as adorable as they come. They attend the Toledo church with the La Fontaines. Roger has a webpage business that he was talking about having Jariah and Zion do something for. I don't know all the details, but there is ALOT more to this young man than you know at this point.
Roger, the same goes for Israel. Other than his left wing wacko ideas about some things political, you would like him alot. Do you even know that he is Zion's brother? He has just been watching a couple of sermons that I sent him of Brother Lonnie's recent messages about science. He really enjoyed the first one.
Have you had time to see the second one yet, Israel?
Talk about something else. Let's get along.:)
A few quick points:
1) The media is 90-percent liberal (documented statistic).
2) Israel accusing someone of using big words while making a non-substantive argument is the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.
3) Write your state representative and tell him you want licensed students to be able to concealed carry on campus. (Link)
4) A Joint Tenancy has a right of survivorship. A Tenancy In Common does not.
Awww man!! A music major?
That explains it.
At my law school on of the most beloved professors was famous for telling someone who was being obtuse, "Look, if you don't get it, you should go across the street to the music school, I'm sure they'll take you in there."
A always thaought it was mean and a little unfair of him to say that but now it seems to me that ol' Professor Woody was a lot smarter than I thought he was....
Alright alright, in lieu of another "wordy" post I will instead give a formal "hello" to Israel.
I'm pretty sure we've met before in phoenix, correct?
RE: "Write your state representative and tell him you want licensed students to be able to concealed carry on campus."
Why weren't all you genius Republicans doing this back before the shooting occurred, seeing as how you guys controlled the Presidency and both houses of Congress for so long?
You know why? Because this is a simplistic, stupid, knee-jerk idea, and it's the very kind of "solution" Republicans are famous for.
AH HA! Just as someday you might realise brother Roger was smarter than you thought HE was!
I'm pretty sure we've met before in phoenix, correct?
NO IDEA.
But it sure is fun to have another Ohioan to beat up on while John is otherwise disposed.
And John:
"Disgusting" is not a big word....
Hhhhmmmm. You might have met another of Zion's brothers, Danny, in Phoenix. If so...well let's just say, this is a whole other brother!
And just for the record, it is MUCH easier to get into a good law school than a good music school. Also, there is a huge turnover rate of music undergrads who become law grads.
Ask the admissions department, they'll give you the numbers.
Besides, getting in is the easy part, it's staying in that keeps most music majors up at night.
OOOOOOOOH!!! The Media is liberal says John's mysterious "documented statistic."
Let's see whatever "study" you're basing that statistic on and I guarantee I'll rip it to shreds in five minutes.
It is also a documented statistic that most Republicans are retards.
And MAN you guys post fast...good thing john's not running at full speed. Someone's going to be getting charged for bandwidth overages this month. Maybe if I uploaded some movies...
And yes, I know Danny and Zion but I thought Zion brought another brother with him once. I could be wrong(probably).
I met one of those music majors who went to law school after getting her masters in Music.
Wonderful piano player, incredibly talented. Love her to death.
But if she was to defend you in a case involving a minor traffic ticket, you'd probably get the death penalty.
Israel is a lawyer from CA. He thinks "ripping things to shreds" is a GOOD thing.
This is why we talk to Israel. :)
They also have a brother named Sam and one named Josh. A big family, although not as big as yours!
Probably not a trial lawyer...I'd bet the US attorney general couldn't get me out of a traffic ticket either.
This is the part of the show where you stick up for a fellow lawtino.
I don't see that happening somehow
Israel, this is not a knee-jerk reaction. In fact, just last November a Va. Tech student led a campaign to allow concealed carry on campus. His request was ridiculed by the school's administration who told students that if there ever was a gunman on campus, they only need "call the police." Well, we all see how well that worked out. The police can't help you when the doors are chained shut. This is not a knee-jerk reaction. This is a "See,-we-told-you-so. -Now-can-we-carry-guns?" reaction.
Gonzalez is a disgrace to the legal profession and the United States of America.
He's a lapdog and a sad, sorry excuse for a Mexican-American lawyer. He's not the first of his kind I've seen. It's sad but true,but I think something in the water at Harvard apparently has some sort of castrating effect on Mexicans who go there.
----
If I would have known that you were a music major, I would have just let you yap without argument.
It's like sending out a Chihuahua to fight a Rottweiler. True, you may be a tough Chihuahua, but c'mon!! At least when I argue with John I get to fight against a baby Rottweiler.
Believe me, there is no glory in going into the saloon and beating up on the piano player. Somebody please send me a gunslinger to fight. No more piano players, please.
Maybe Israel had to go blow into a paper bag or something. He was getting very upset with us and he is not as young as he used to be. :)
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
"Gun bill gets shot down by panel"
Thursday, August 31, 2006
"Unarmed and vulnerable"
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
"Imagine if students were armed"
Kinda erie reading that now, huh?
LOL Israel, that comment reminds me of your "when you mess with the bull, you get the horns". that line cracked me up, especially when some wierdo say the same thing on a video we saw the other night called The Pacifier.
Yeah, Roger, it looks like he's met his match! lol He doesn't want to deal with YOU anymore!
You just keep it up! You know how Brother Branham said we just keep rubbing each other the wrong way for a purpose!
Re: "Last November a Va. Tech student led a campaign to allow concealed carry on campus."
So?
So where was the Republican uproar because this guy was ridiculed, where was the NRA?? Why are we only hearing about this panacea (excellent solution that fixes everything) now?
I bet you dollars to donuts that, that student was probably a nut job and even if he had been successful, chances are that absolutely nothing would have turned out differently.
Students are always coming up with stuff like this. I bet it was just a publicity stunt to get some Republican 'tard his Republican NRA bonafides and that's why it had no chance of passing.
By the way I have no problem with guns. But to suggest that some sort of no-gun policy was responsible for this tragedy is a bunch of baloney.
And to suggest that it's a good idea for everyone to be carrying concealed weapons and the world will be a perfect place when this happens is a Republican pipe dream.
You'd be surprised what would happen if you sent a rottweiler, chihuahua, or gunslinger to this piano players house. I might have a loud mouth, but my Ruger SP101 .357 is a few decibels louder.
Being a lawyer by trade is not a free pass to victory in debate or discussion, but believing that to be so certainly benefits me. You'll have to try harder than a scoffing dismissal.
I chose my profession because the ceiling is higher, not because law wasn't an option.
"You'll have to try harder than a scoffing dismissal."
No I won't...
Good day Sir!!
Quite a lot of statistical data disagrees with your stance on that. But regardless, it's not about how many people carry concealed weapons, it's about gun free zones (other wise known as 'kill me for free' zones).
And good day Gomerites!!
Keep thinking I've met my match if it makes you feel better!!
"You'll have to try harder than a scoffing dismissal."
No I won't...
Good day Sir!!
I'm sorry, I suppose I should have finished that with "...to maintain any shred of credibility."
Typical liberal, thinking that the path of least resistance leads anywhere at all.
Israel, That high and mighty very GENTLEMANLY response of "Good day, sir!" reminds me of how true gentlmen behaved a hundred years ago! I love it! HOWEVER, you would be able to carry it off much more believably if right before that you hadn't stooped to ripping everyone and everything to shreds. IMHO. :)
"So where was the Republican uproar because this guy was ridiculed, where was the NRA?? Why are we only hearing about this panacea (excellent solution that fixes everything) now?
We are hearing about it now because people are finally paying attention.
"I bet you dollars to donuts that, that student was probably a nut job and even if he had been successful,"
Assumption. Not worth addressing.
... chances are that absolutely nothing would have turned out differently.
I can't speak for the students involved in this particular incident. But if we were allowed to concealed carry here at UT and another Cho walked into my classroom, he wouldn't walk out.
Students are always coming up with stuff like this. I bet it was just a publicity stunt to get some Republican 'tard his Republican NRA bonafides and that's why it had no chance of passing.
Assumption/broad generalization. Again, not worth addressing.
"By the way I have no problem with guns. But to suggest that some sort of no-gun policy was responsible for this tragedy is a bunch of baloney.
Nobody said it was responsible. But it certainly did facilitate the realization of Cho's fantasy.
And to suggest that it's a good idea for everyone to be carrying concealed weapons and the world will be a perfect place when this happens is a Republican pipe dream.
Nobody is saying it will create a perfect world. Cho still would have been a nut job. He might still have walked into Norris Hall and started firing away. But if just one (it doesn't have to be all; that's a falacy advanced by anti-gun nuts) of those students had been armed, the playing field would have been instantly leveled. Instead they were sitting ducks for a madman.
Awwwwww, we hurt his feelings. :(
We still want you to play Israel, you just have to learn to be nice. :)
Typical liberal, thinking that the path of least resistance leads anywhere at all.
Great line, Roger!
You know what I find humorous?
The fact that you guys think I get all upset about anything that is written on this board.
If you could see me laughing my head off as I post, you wouldn't think so.
Seriously, would I be wasting my time arguing with you Gomerites if I wasn't having fun??!!
And "Good day sir!!" is from Willie Wonka and th Chocolate Factory, the good movie with Gene Wilder.
So I repeat, Good Day sir!! I have to attend to some nonGomerite related business...
See ya, Israel :)
"Statistical data..."
That's pretty funny. In fact it is exactly 99.99999 percent funnier than any of the jokes you've tried to make thus far...
I love John's new rhetorical (argument) technique and will use it next time I'm in court.
A pro-gun bill would have made difference at VA Tech?
Assumption! not worth addressing.
The VA Tech shooter was evil...
Assumption! Not worth addressing...
Ice Cream tastes good...
Assumption! Not worth addressing...
Brilliant John!! I will never lose an argument again!!
I am surprised to learn that you think you have ever lost one! ;)
WOW!!!!!! This is like watching a boxing match.
You miss a day, you miss alot!
Wow, when Roger brings things back to life, he does it in a big way!!
Not sure I needed to bring anything back to life as this is one hopping blog. I just started one and I'm envious of the traffic John gets here.
Yes this is a shameless plug to get you all to visit my blog.
Chihuahua vs. Rottweiler.... that's funny!
Kinda reminds me of a little battle between a guy named David and giant called Goliath. I'm sure you know the story... do you recall who won that little fight, Israel??
Post a Comment