Thursday, September 07, 2006

"I don't care if I never get back..."

There is just something thera-
peutic about sitting four rows behind home plate with a scorecard and a bag of peanuts.

The Mud Hens are in the playoffs and, on the spur of the moment, I decided to go to the opener of their best-of-five series with the Charlotte Knights (White Sox affiliate) tonight. The nice thing about buying a single ticket vs. going as part of a group is that you can walk up 30 minutes before the first pitch and get a great seat (pictured).

The Hens lost, 5-0. Tim Redding pitched a great game for Charlotte. He threw 126 pitches – 89 strikes and 37 balls – and scattered four hits.

But the highlight of the game came in the Charlotte half of the fourth. With the bases loaded and nobody out, Pedro Lopez flew out to right. Casey Rogowski tagged from third but was gunned down by right fielder Ryan Ludwick. Rogowski slammed into catcher Max St-Pierre, who he outweighed by 32 pounds. But St-Pierre, who is from Quebec City, held onto the ball.

Then, after a Gustavo Molina double, Jerry Owens singled to right. Molina apparently wasn’t paying attention earlier as he tried Ludwick’s arm and Ludwick made it a two-fer, nailing Molina by 10 feet at the plate.

It was great.

I’m hoping to play intramural flag football if I can find a team. The cool thing about it is that we get to play our games in the Glass Bowl (pictured). It’s kind of a lame way to make up for not playing football in high school. But at 32, your options are pretty limited.

Class was good today. I actually felt like I was keeping up with the professor. It’s starting to feel like I can do this.

I got another really nice card from my sister, Julie (pictured). She’s awesome. It was very encouraging.

5 comments:

BeccaHolsapple said...

I thought the names St-Pierre sounded rather french. I might know some of his family, I had a teacher with the same last name.

Lol, the resemblance between Mary Poppins and Julie is impressive.

Jeshanah said...

ROFL about the 'picture' of Julie!! (you should really put a real pic of her on here so people know what you are talking about!!)

Hey, speaking of Julie, is she ever gonna make that excercise video for the school?? I really want it!! I have 10 pounds to lose to get to mine and Jess' goal weight, and I think the video would really help!! (I don't even want to know how many more pounds Jess has to gain to get there.... it makes me sick!)

Jeshanah said...

P.S. If I had your address, I might write you a really nice card, too!!

Hully said...

2708 Westmar Court, Apt. 104
Toledo, The Greatest State in the Union 43615

Hully said...

I don't know about Julie doing any workout video. I'll have to ask her when I'm home this weekend.

I don't have a picture of Julie to post. But basically, for those of you who don't know my sister, if you had never seen Mary Poppins before, you would swear that is a picture of Julie. She looks more like Mary Poppins than the lady at Disney World who was dressed up and made up like her.