Monday, September 18, 2006

Prayer request

Some of you know about, or are at least aware of, my current situation with regards to the Allen County Board of Elections. Please keep me in your prayers as I have my hearing with the BOE on Wednesday morning at 9:00 EDT. The whole situation is in God’s hands and I ask your prayers for peace and the ability to place my trust completely in Him. Thank you.

4 comments:

Hully said...

Thanks Jeremy, and everyone else.

Things went really well. Of course the Democrats on the board want to make a federal case out of it, even though there was clearly no violation of the statute. But they want to conduct a further investigation to "validate" my sworn testimony from today. Whatever.

The other two members of the board both felt that the fact I had explained my story four times was enough and any further investigation was a waste of everyone's time. That's fine though. I have told the complete truth from Day One, so I have nothing to hide.

The plus side of this is that I now have some experience on the client side of legal proceedings. So when it is my turn to represent a client, I will have a better understanding of and more empathy for what my clients will be going through.

Also, I think I got an internship offer for next summer out of it. It all just shows that God is always in control, even when a situation seems, on the surface, very unpleasant.

Israel said...

Democrats calling for investigations soley for political gain?

I thought that was a Republican tactic...

Try to have fun with this. When I was in law school, I had the results of the University of Arizona's student body presidential election overturned.

After they held a second election, I walked into the election commissioner's office and she burst out crying at the sight of me because she was so scared of me that she thought I was going to get the second election tossed out as well.

This will give you an idea of how emotionally charged litigation is, especially politically-motivated litigation -- and especially for those personally involved (remember the Clintons?)

Now go kick some heinie and I'll expect a full report.

Israel said...

Wow! One of the Dukes of Hazzard is posting on your site!

Did you know Catherine Bach, the original Daisy Duke is half Mexican?

Well now you do.

So is Lynda Carter (Wonderwoman) and Joanna Kerns the Mother from "Growing Pains."

Also Jessica Alba The Invisible Girl) Jeff Garcia (Pro Bowl QB) and Ted Williams (The Splendid Splinter.)

That's your half-Mexican news for today.

Hully said...

jschneider is, I assume, the guy who replaced me at the paper. He is the guy I told you about before, that I hoped would be the one to get the job.