
The Toledo Mud Hens, champions of the International League, and the Tucson Sidewinders, champions of the Pacific Coast League, square off in the inaugural Bricktown Showdown in Oklahoma City, Okla. The game, a one-game winner-take-all to determine the overall AAA champion, will be televised live tonight at 7:00 on ESPN2.

13 comments:
GO SSSSSSSSNAKES!!!!!!!
Actually I'm a fan of the now defunct Tucson Toros myself.
I never had a chance to root for the Snakes, but if liked baseball I guess I would be a fan of the Stockton Ports and the Sacramento Rivercats and any team from Tucson or Arizona.
The Sacramento Rivercats gave my wife a bunch of memorabilia: hats, t-shirts, balls, bags and other goodies when she visited their facility to get some ideas for the Stockton's new waterfront ballpark -- so I got to like them a little bit because they gave us a bunch of freebies.
But the Rivercats play in the same league against the Snakes from Tucson, so who do I root for?
SSSSSSSSNAKES!!
Tucson won 5-2, proving beyond a doubt that Arizona is more than twice as good as Ohio.
I hate snakes.
[shudders]
Mud Hens?
What pray tell, is so intimidating about a Mud Hen?
It'll get you all dirty?
Nobody will ever make a horror movie about Mud Hens on a plane.
Banana Slugs (as in UC Santa Cruz) on the other hand, are pretty frightening...
http://www.mudhens.com/info/mud_hen.asp?view=1
Tell us a little about Ohio Republican Bob Ney and why he pled guilty to federal corruption charges last week.
Ahhh it warms the cockles of my heart to see stinking corrupt Republicans go to jail.
Tom DeLay the former Republican House majority leader is next...
I'm going to assume "anonymous" is Israel. If so, I will let the comment stand. But on my blog, if you want to bash anyone - be it Republicans, Democrats, athletes, your hairdresser - you better be man enough to attach your name to it. Otherwise it will get deleted.
I'm on another computer because I'm in San Francisco for a too day deposition.
I don't remember my login or password and I didn't think my post needed any identification, and obviously I was right.
Israel aka "Man-Enough"
two day
"cockles of my heart" was the giveaway...
what is a cockle anyway?
cockle
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English cokille, from Middle French coquille shell, modification of Latin conchylia, plural of conchylium, from Greek konchylion, from konchE conch
1 : any of various chiefly marine bivalve mollusks (family Cardiidae) having a shell with convex radially ribbed valves; especially : a common edible European bivalve (Cerastoderma edule syn. Cardium edule)
You have those in your heart? Eww.
Post a Comment