It has been a rough couple days. When I went home this weekend, I left the power cord/charger for my laptop laying on the floor between the couch and chair. I got back here Sunday night and my battery died 45 minutes later. I have been computerless since then.Fortunately, my mother-in-law, Sharla, brought it up today. She is opening a new store at Levis Commons, a new outdoor mall in Perrysburg. If you have ever been to Easton Town Center in Columbus, it’s a lot like that. Anyway, she is going to be staying with me while she gets the store going, which will probably be through the Christmas season. It will be a little on the weird side, but I can deal with it. She’s pretty cool.
As far as school, today felt pretty good. I wouldn't go so far as to say, "I think I'm getting the hang of it." But I am learning to not get frustrated. Yesterday was nice – no class. They had UT College of Law Day at the Toledo Mud Hens (AAA-Detroit) game. We had a whole party deck to ourselves, complete with all the hot dogs and hamburgers you could eat. They lost, 4-1, to the Columbus Clippers (AAA-Yankees). But it was still a lot of fun.
After the game, I went to the law library to work on a Legal Research & Writing project, which took about four hours, then went home and watched the Florida State/Miami game.
Right now, as I look out the window of my apartment, it’s one of those surreal pouring-rain-while-the-sun-is-still-shining moments. I love that.
10 comments:
I love those rain and sun days, too. They are so cool!!
So Mom has two homes, you have two homes, and Jess and Ness have 3 homes?? And my home is 2000 miles away from all of those! This is so bizarre! Life sure is strange these days...
I have no clue where I'm supposed to vote in November. :-/
More good computer news: My printer finally works. After chatting with a Lexmark rep for 45 minutes, he decided the cartridge I had bought was defective and sent me a new one. I popped it in and, Voila!, it prints!
Thanks, Lexmark Buddy!
Pity John was late on his first 2 weeks worth of assignments due to not having a printer, though...
Oh, well, at least you didn't need a printer for anything really important... like LAW SCHOOL!!!
Seriously, I'm glad you finally got it to work! It should make things go much smoother for you, and that's great. One less thing for you to have to worry about!! (Now if you can only get mom to stop rearranging your living room...)
... my last statement was just a wild guess...
Fortunately, there aren't really any "assignments" in law school. You just have to keep up on all the readings and have the cases briefed before you get to class, which you can do with pen and paper. Heck, some (lazy) people do their briefs in the book margins. Plus I can use the computers in the law library. But it is so much nicer to be able to print in my own apt.
Mom hasn't rearranged too much. She decorated it so that's not a problem. Now if I could just get into the bathroom...
I know exactly what you mean. Try living with 4 people and one bathroom!!
Four? That's nothing.
1.5 bathrooms / 9 people = life in Beulah
Post a Comment