According to a study conducted by Scarborough Research, Toledo is the No. 1 market in the United States in terms of fan interest in Minor League Baseball. "Of the 75 largest markets in the United States, Toledo came out on top when citizens were surveyed on their interest in minor league baseball. Of the 821,814 residents in the Toledo Metropolitan area, 139,538 (16.98%) of them said that they were very OR somewhat interested in Minor League Baseball. Additionally, Toledo area residents are 96% more likely to be very or somewhat interested in Minor League Baseball than the average citizen."The top 10 markets for Minor League Baseball:
Market (Total Pop.)--% Interested In MiLB
Toledo, OH* (821,814)--17.0% very OR somewhat interested
Memphis, TN (1,301,488)--14.5% very OR somewhat interested
Louisville, KY* (1,226,380)--14.35% very OR somewhat interested
Providence, RI* (1,275,902)--13.9% very OR somewhat interested
Des Moines, IA (807,410)--13.2% very OR somewhat interested
Dayton, OH (978,710)--13.2% very OR somewhat interested
Tucson, AZ (830,499)--13.1% very OR somewhat interested
Rochester, NY* (766,585)--12.6% very OR somewhat interested
Jacksonville, FL (1,230,236)--12.0% very OR somewhat interested
Austin, TX (1,193,217)--11.9% very OR somewhat interested
*International League Teams
**Numbers reflect data collected from August, 2005 to September, 2006

5 comments:
Go Mudhens!
I am 13.1 percent interested in this post...
I am 0.4 percent interested in your level of interest in this post...
I am 100% entertained by the two of you! :)
Hahahaha!
Wow! If my comments get any more profound, you all won't be able to handle it, I'm sure!! =)
Post a Comment