Thursday, May 31, 2007

"Turn that frown back upside down!"

"When God closes a door, he always opens a window."

I can't go into too much detail yet, but the possibility of a transfer for Fall of '07 has opened up. As much as I would like to stay here, transferring back home would solve a lot of problems beyond just student loan issues.

(One new problem, though, is that I would have to come up with a new name for my blog. Suggestions?)

UPDATE: (Fri., 2:50 p.m.) I just met with the Associate Dean and, while he wasn't real encouraging, he didn't completely rule it out. It's a long shot, but God specializes in long shots. Please continue to keep me in your prayers.

18 comments:

Jeshanah said...

I don't know, but I think you should have the name "claude" in it if at all possible!!!

Unknown said...

Well...I'm praying for ya.
I'm sorry to hear how things turned out.

My last year of under-grad, I was one credit short due to a technicality and shoddy registrar counseling. Even so, the Lord changed the heart of my department head and he signed off on my diploma.

But, should you still have to leave UT, my nomination is to put an 'x' in front of the name. xUTlawrocket - it's catchy.

Israel said...

I figured transfer opportunities would come up.

There are tons of law schools out there and I know other people who have been in your situation and done it.

(Doesn't mean you have to do it though, you got to make sure the situation is right for you and you are sure that this is what you want to do.)

Israel said...

How about Owe'n'U Petite Clod Law Rocket?

Butterflyfish said...

Blog name: legalobfuscation

I love the Calvin quote you use -- that's what inspired it.

Israel said...

How 'bout?

"Yeah Toast!"

Sharla said...

Are you STILL hearing that around your house Israel? Lol

Unknown said...

The Caffeinated Law Rocket

Hully said...

Umm, the "UT" and the "Rocket" are the two parts that would have to go if I do indeed transfer.

Israel said...

Yes, my kids request the Toast song about five times a day and randomly scream out "Yeah Toast!" every once in a while for no good reason.

Unknown said...

The Caffeinated Law Bear?

Unknown said...

...
or

The Caffeinated Bear Lawyer

Hully said...

So, what do you think of the new look?

Israel said...

The new look makes you seem much more sophisticated...

UT Law Rocket always made me think of a little boy riding on one of those coin-operated rocket rides in front of a supermarket.

Hully said...

UT Law Rocket always made me think of a little boy riding on one of those coin-operated rocket rides in front of a supermarket.

Which is funny because I lifted it from your "AZlawcat" handle. :-D

Hully said...

The new look makes you seem much more sophisticated...

That and the Heywood Banks videos. :-O

Unknown said...

Umm, the "UT" and the "Rocket" are the two parts that would have to go if I do indeed transfer.

U2BLawRocket

Fox said...

like coffee and toast, so no problem with that... maybe would have tossed in: "Beaners will never be Starbucks", heehee,
but the new look is fabulous!

wishing you happy and promising thoughts in the fall!!