Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Trying... not... to... lose... temper...

We are two weeks into the summer semester and my student loans still have not dispersed.

I have 45 cents in my checking account, less than a quarter tank of gas, and about two more days worth of groceries.

I talked to the good folks at financial aid today. They apologized for the delay and said they couldn't say for sure when my money would come in. They then offered me a short-term emergency loan so I could pay my rent and buy some groceries in the interim.


Nifty, says I. So I spend two hours jumping through all the right hoops and filling out all the right forms. Finally, the magic words: "Ok, we'll process this right away."

And then...

"It should be deposited into your account on Tuesday."

Tuesday?!?! That's six days! What kind of "emergency" loan takes six days! Who knows that they are going to have an emergency six days ahead of time?

"Hello? 9-1-1? Hey, I'm going to have a house fire next week. Do you think you could send a couple fire trucks by my place say around 9:30 Monday night? Thaaaanks."

12 comments:

Hully said...

Mmmm, Ramen noodles...

Jeshanah said...

lol, that stinks.... but we've all been there!!! =)

Unknown said...

Ugh, yes we have all been there. One fall semester at ASU I didn't get my financial aid until 8 weeks into the semester...that's right about when they're trying to kick you out for not paying them for classes.

Hey if you need food you're welcome to stop by my place...we have fridge full of goodies. Seriously, lay off the Ramen.

Sharla said...

Zion would probably suggest mustard sandwiches about now. I suppose I could make some cookies, pack 'em in popcorn and fed-ex it to you. I can't really spare the twenty this week myself. Sorry honey, hang in there. Think of all the character you are building on your way to becoming that rich lawyer. It's right around the corner!

Israel said...

Razor went to ASU?

Should've known he was a Scum Devil.

Couldn't get into a real school, huh? Had to go to a school that glorifies Satan as their mascot huh?

Too bad for you...

Unknown said...

The mascot is just like the average student...in the summer we're all just a bunch of little red devils.

The idea of listening to everyone talk about womans basketball 24/7 convinced me that UofA was not an option.

Hully said...

Well, the Lord does answer prayer. Out of the blue today I get a phone call from a friend (who shall remain nameless) who I hadn't seen in a while and just happened to be in town. He offered to buy me lunch then, after lunch, gave me 40 bucks. So now I actually get to see my family this weekend after all!!!

Hully said...

Roger, did you guys move into Paul's old house or something? I saw you updated your address on your Facebook profile. You guys live just around the corner from me now!

Unknown said...

Yeah, we've been here for the last 5 months. I thought I told you that?

Hully said...

Hmh. You probably did and it just got swept away by the torrent of information that pummeled my brain the last couple months of the semester.

Israel said...

Don't feed the baby sharks!!

There are already too many of us as it is...

Unknown said...

Alright Izzy, his bones are on your hands.