Spring grades are all in now.
As good as the grades started, it was all downhill from there.
I'm feeling a little dazed right now.
I don't even really want to post about it. But I know people are wondering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bold, rich and hearty, and great with butter and jam.
19 comments:
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose” (Rom. 8:28)
Amen!
I hate grades.
I want red smileys when I do well and stickers that say "nice try" when I don't.
*sobbing in a corner*
I sent you an e-mail...
"The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will." (Prov. 21:1)
And you'll find that everybody that really loves you when you are up, will still love you when you are down -- and those are the only people that really matter anyway...
I appreciate everyone's prayers and words of encouragement. It's the pride that hurts more than anything. If I can oversimplify it, it's kind of like being told by the "cool kids" that you're not cool enough to hang out with them. It hurts, but you realize there is probably something better out there.
I believe in fighting for what you want when the chips are down. But at the same time I think you have to wonder if maybe it's just not meant to be; that maybe God wants me to go a different direction.
I now have to petition for readmission. And IF I am readmitted, I will have to wait until Fall '08 to start back up, which will push my graduation back a year and which means I will have to start paying on my student loans during the time I am not a student.
I am told by the Powers That Be that getting the waiting period waived (if I am readmitted) is a very, very long shot. But, raising the dead is a long shot and God does that all the time. That's why I am claiming and praying Prov. 21:1.
But my main prayer is that I find God's will for my life. If He wants me to fight for this, then I will fight. If He wants me to go a different direction, I want to be sensitive to His leading.
Knowing that I have so much love and support makes it easier either way.
Hang in there, John!! You know we're praying for you! Dana mentioned maybe you guys getting together some evening here soon...if you can fit it in?
These came to mind, hope they are an encouragement.
Job 23:10
Isa. 30:21
Ps. 27:14
Whatever you do John, as Isreal mentionned, we are all still going to love and support you! We are praying with you for guidance in the decisions you will have to make!
Love, Jariah and Becca
We are all praying for you - for guidance and encouragement through all of this. God will receive the glory through it all.
Our youth prayer group that gets together on Mondays have all been praying for you - for several weeks. We will/are continuing to do so! Hang in there - you aren't alone!
God Bless - Elisabeth B.
Okay, this is one of those touchy serious matters that I usually a)try to avoid, or b)use humor to lighten the mood.
While I could say something like, we are praying for you, too, John, and we love you(even Zion and that's saying something!!)... the only thing I keep thinking to say in response to all this is; about your 'cool kids' analogy, I don't get it. Guess I was too cool to ever let that happen to me....
(Alright, that was lame, but work with me here, people! The mood in here is like way low, and I'm just trying to bring it up half a notch!!)
And hey, this school year wasn't a total bust! You co-created "Sweet Mercedes!" during spring break... that's gotta be worth something!!!!
Finally, on a more serious note, you can always get you student loans put on deferment for a year if you are having financial hardship.
But even with your 4 year degree, can't you command a higher salary at almost any job? Isn't that the point of having any kind of degree?
From what I'm told, student loan deferments kill your credit rating. So that's a worst-case scenario option.
Zion's has been on deferment for the past year, and our credit rating is good. Might want to check it out, investigate further if need be. =)
You're wrong about the deferment.
Not to brag but I deferred and I have a stellar credit rating and always have.
When I applied for a loan folks said they had never seen a credit rating that high...
Of course I've never paid anything late ever...
Deferment is great!!
Israel is quite right. They are incredibly lenient with student loans in general. A deferment has only one downside: the tax is no longer subsidized. Other than that, it's all uphill.
There is one caveat: in rare circumstances where a student is desperate for cash and gets a private, high interest, unsubsidized loan, they will in fact report you to the credit bureau if you stop meeting their payment requirements. You're a law student, so I'm guessing you didn't do that.
Your school situation is in our (incredibly biased) prayers.
How come Israel gets the credit for the deferment idea?! I am the one who suggested it!! Plus, I am the first one who said it doesn't hurt your credit score. I want credit for my snap-dog suggestion!!!
I want credit for my snap-dog suggestion!!!
I apologize, you officially get the credit.
Next time you have a good idea, please put it at the top of your post, as I generally lose interest by the third paragraph.
Kidding!
haha, ouch!
Post a Comment