"Cristiano's recovery from his head injury continues on a positive trend while still in the intensive care unit at Theda Clark Medical Center. Most of his sedation has been removed and he now is moving all of his extremities spontaneously as well as in response to physical stimulation. We are pleased with Cristiano's progress so far and are hopeful he will continue daily improvement."
Friday, August 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Reading between the lines, I'm guessing brain damage.
Colombian driver Roberto Guerrero suffered almost identical injuries in a crash in 1986 and was back in a race car six months later. I would guess with the advances in treatment etc. since then that Cristiano's prognosis would be just as good if not better. Keep in mind, he was receiving medical care within 45 seconds of the impact.
While long-term damage certainly is a possibility. I'm trying to remain optimistic.
looking at that carefully crafted statement raises doubts.
My guess is he is nonresponsive with a few spontaneous movements.
I hate to admit it, but I'm with Israel on this one. (That actually causes me physical pain...) Hopefully we are both wrong though, for his sake and the sake of his family.
More here:
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=10723
It doesn't look too good. But brain injuries are very unpredictable.
Post a Comment