Sunday, August 20, 2006

Stupid printer!!!

Zion, or Jariah, or anyone who can help... I just installed a new printer cartridge and I can't get the dumb thing to print. I took the tape off. I have cleaned it three times. I have tried everything I know how to do and all I have to show for it is roughly 30 blank sheets of paper. It is driving me up a wall, so if you have any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.

5 comments:

Jeshanah said...

Justin said on my blog that you might want to try putting the cartridge one a moist paper towel for a little bit. (The bottom part of the ink might be dried up.)

Zion's taking a nap right now, but I'll ask him to give you some suggestions when he wakes up.

Anonymous said...

is it hp?

Hully said...

Lexmark.

I'll try the paper towel.

Hully said...

Well, I didn't have any paper towels, so I just used an old rag. I let it sit for about 10 minutes. When I picked it up, there was a huge black spot on the rag. I put the cartridge back in the printer and....


nothin'


The color side prints fine. But I still have no black. I'm baffled.

Jeshanah said...

Zion said, "Get a new printer!"