This will be a brief entry. I am not feeling well and I'm tired.
After a long and stressful first week at school, I was looking forward to a semi-relaxing weekend at home. Unfortunately, I spent the whole weekend painting and moving. I figured there would be some stuff left to do. But I had no idea that nothing had been accomplished all week.
I guess the R&R will have to wait for another day. All I know is I am more tired now than I was on Friday afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
Too bad you couldn't have hung around longer. We painted and moved alot more.
You forgot that clock we bought for the apt. and we didn't pick up the pics at Meijer. Did you pick them up?
Hope you feel better.
No, I forgot the clock and the pictures, and probably a couple other things as well...
That's the problem with you "older" law students. "Reaganheimer" disease sets in and you start forgeting everything.
My diagnosis?
Probably all that excitement associated with meeting your (fat?) ex-girlfriend gave you the "vapors." Was there any "swooning" involved?
Next comes hysterical blindness and then maybe my favorite ailment of all time -- "wandering uterus."
It would be cool if you could be the first man ever to get that malady.
Historical and Hysterical.
I prescribe two weeks bed rest and tea and crumpets.
(See how sensitive, compassionate and sympathetic I am?)
THIS SHOULD CHEER YOU UP:
THANKS TO THOSE STINKING COMMIES, DYING JUST GOT A LITTLE LESS FUN
Updated: 8:40 a.m. PT Aug 23, 2006
BEIJING - Striptease send-offs at funerals may become a thing of the past in east China after five people were arrested for organizing the intimate farewells, state media reported on Wednesday.
Police swooped last week after two groups of strippers gave "obscene performances" at a farmer's funeral in Donghai County, Jiangsu province, Xinhua news agency said.
The disrobing served a higher purpose, the report noted.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement
"Striptease used to be a common practice at funerals in Donghai's rural areas to allure viewers," it said. "Local villagers believe that the more people who attend the funeral, the more the dead person is honored."
Wealthy families often employed two troupes of performers to attract a crowd. Two hundred showed up at last week's funeral.
Five strippers were detained and local officials "issued notices concerning funeral management", Xinhua said.
Now village officials must submit plans for funerals within 12 hours after a villager dies. And residents can report "funeral misdeeds" on a hotline, the report said.
Copyright 2006 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.
Residents can report "funeral misdeeds" on a hotline, the report said.
-----------
(Phone ringing)
"Ummm, excuse me, is this the funeral misdeeds hotline?"
"Yes sir. Remain calm... How may I help you?"
I'm trying to see this dead body and there are all kinds of naked women dancing around it. What do I do?"
"We'll be right there sir. (Sirens)"
"(Relieved) OOhhh, Thank goodness!!"
You are so crazy! rofl. Where do you come up with this stuff?
I din't make it up, the article was an actual news report.
The second part was a reenactment of a possible call to the funeral misdeeds hotline. (That part I did make up.)
well, duh-uh.
In other words, I know all that, but how does your mind work, you sick, twisted freak?
I hope everyone listens to Glenn Beck once in a while and knows the "sick, twisted freak" part was said in jest.
It works freakishly well.
Thanks for asking...
HE BROUGHT IT UP
------------------
Why won't John tell me whether his ex-girlfriend is fat? What is he trying to hide?
Why is he acting so mature and nonresponsive?
Inquiring minds want to know...
Since you are obviously more concerned about my ex-girlfriend than I am, I will answer your question with this:
I don't know and I don't care. She was standing behind a counter that was up to my chest. All I could see was her head. I was more concerned with how she was doing than how she looked.
< Shan reference > And that's all I have to say about that. < /shan reference >
Potential future employers have Internet access too. I'd like to keep this blog at least semi-professional. Thank you.
No apology necessary. I wasn't trying to call anybody out.
ROFL!! Don't reference me!! Ack!
I see you've got a case of raving 1-L paranoia going for you there.
Did her head look fat?
1-L paranoia?
I get it! First year Law, right?
I only had to ponder that one for an hour before I figured it out!
Yes. I'm just fascinated by the fact that John would actually admit to the existence of an ex-girlfriend on the internet.
If my wife heard that I had accidently bumped into an ex-girlfriend, she would be upset by
1) The very existence of such a person.
2) The fact that I remembered such a person existed.
3) The fact that I acknowledged the existence of said person.
4) The fact that I spoke to said person.
5) The fact that others were told such a person existed.
Maybe it's just non-White person thing.
I know White people (usually rich ones) who are so sophisticated and urbane that they allow their husbands / wives to be good friends with exes, call them on the phone all the time, have them come visit and spend the night, buy them presents, throw parties for them, etc. etc.
Sometimes couples who are good friends will even exchange and recycle their girlfriends and keep being friends without skipping a beat. Law school was just such a big recycling bin as I recall.
I guess its normal for soem folks, but that's kind of weird in my book.
Anyway, John is braver than me.
It's not a white person thing. It's an I'm-very-happily-married-and-have-nothing-to-hide thing. Why would I hide her existence? All that would do is create more suspicion.
I'm very happily married and I have nothing to hide either, but I believe that "discretion is definitely the better part of valor."
That's why I can't remember ever having any ex-girlfriends. (Said in a robotic cadence accompanied by a blank lombotomized stare)
lobotomized
Post a Comment