Wednesday, August 23, 2006

You say Toe-shy-bah, I say Toe-she-bah...

Jess brought Janessa, Faith and Esther up for a little visit yesterday. It certainly helped to break up the loneliness; books make for lousy conversation partners. We all went out to eat at a Frisch’s Big Boy because none of the girls (Jess excluded) had ever been to one.

I finally got my financial aid money. So after they left, I drove all over the West side of Toledo trying to find a laptop. I went to Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Circuit City, Best Buy and ABC Warehouse with no luck. Whenever I found one I liked, it was out of stock. I ended up with a Toshiba Satellite® A105-S4074 from Office Depot, one of the last places I checked. It was exactly what I was looking for and, the best part, they had a $150 mail-in rebate on it, which dropped it down into my price range. I normally don’t waste my time with rebates because I’m too inclined to forget about it. But I think I can remember $150.

Speaking of money, a funny thing happened when I went to the bank the other day. My ex-girlfriend, Sarah Norton, is a teller there, though her last name is Muñoz now. She was one of the last people I expected to see. I didn’t even know she was living in Ohio, let alone Toledo.

I’m still trying to get settled into my apartment. That has turned out to be more work than the law school stuff. It is amazing how much stuff you take for granted, that you don’t think about needing, until you need it.

But it is slowly starting to feel like “home.” Sort of.

3 comments:

Jeshanah said...

I haven't seen Sarah Norton for ages! That had to be wierd to see her.

Don't forget to send in your rebate... I've bought a few things with rebates and I usually forget to send them in, (or I have sent in the coupons, but never heard from them again,) so make sure you keep a # to call in case they don't actually give you the cash!!

Israel said...

I have that same laptop. It's great and I like it because it has a DVD player built right in and nothing is separate. It's all in one.

About Miss Sarah:

Does this mean more than one girl liked you?

Well at least she had the sense to marry a Mexican instead.

Mexicans are real hot tamales.

So was she impressed by the fact that you are going to be a big
shot lawyer? Did you tell her to eat her heart out?

Let's hope she wasn't the inspiration for the Norton Anti-Virus.

Israel said...

Also was Sarah really fat?

Because that's the best kind of ex-girlfriend.

Then you can both look at each other's bloated bodies and say, "Whoa! I really dodged a bullet there!"