We took the first load of things up and got started setting up the apartment. ("We" being Jess, Janessa, me, the M-I-L/decorator/chaperone, Justin, and Ms. Zvx and her two lovely daughters.) It was the first time any of us have been able to see to see the apartment.The good points: Everything seems clean and new, including the tan berber carpet all through and the vinyl in the bathroom. It has good windows (a significant improvement over our present windows).
The bad points: Actually, I can only think of one. The wallpaper in the kitchen is horrid beyond words. The picture to the left is the closest thing I could find to it by doing a brief Google Image search. Fortunately, it looks like they are going to let us tear it down and repaper.
I’m going for a whole “metro big-city coffee shop theme,” sans telescopes (it’s a long story). Fortunately I’ve got a good decorator. We’re going to use a lot of the pictures I took while living in D.C. last summer, including the ones below.




Jess and I don’t have a digital camera anymore. The one we had – a Kodak that we loved very much – puked out on us during the second day of our trip to Disney World and we haven’t had the money to replace it since. Anyway, once we can get a new one, I’ll post actual pictures of the apartment.
**UPDATE: Here is the wallpaper we are putting in. The tan will go on one wall and the red on the other two.


9 comments:
Those pictures are awesome and will no doubt look great in your new space!!! (I think you might have missed your calling!)
Trust Mom's judgement and let her do what she is so awesome at, and if you hate when she is done you can always pull a Frank in Father of the Bride 1 and say "yes, is very nice, we change everything" once she is gone. I wish I was there to help you move in and to complain about the fact that you are moving away and everything is changing...(some of my Steve Martin in FOTB 1 and 2 moments)... but alas here I remain in Tucson unable to pitch in.
I'm glad you have the rest of the family there to help out... how are the ZVX's??
Thanks Shan. I love taking pictures and that was one of my favorite things to do in Washington. There is so much stuff to shoot there. I took almost 600 pictures in 10 weeks.
I do trust Mom's judgement, although I think she may have slightly misunderstood exactly what I was going for. Which I guess is my fault for struggling to make a decision on what I was looking for and then communicate that decision to her. My bad.
The Zvx's seem to be doing fine. I really haven't been able to spend much time with them lately. Mom can probably fill you in better than I can.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find my novvy tuxodo.
Why won't people leave Maurice Clarett alone?
Why can't a black man drive around with a few weapons in his vehicle? What if he decides to go on an impromptu hunting trip or something?
And of course he was wearing a bulletproof vest. He's not stupid. Apparantly the first thing the cops do in Ohio when they pull a black man over is hit him with a tazer and mace him.
Heck, I wouldn't stop either...
I bet if he was still playing for Ohio State, th ecops would have asked him for an autograph instead of treating him so shabbily.
Free Maurice Clarett!!
There is poll on The Lima News web site asking "Whom do you blame for Maurice Clarett’s legal problems?"
Right now George W. Bush is second with 12 percent of the vote.
Blaming Bush sounds good to me. I am blaming Maurice Clarett for Zion and Jariah not being able to get a job.
I BLAME ARIZONA!!! THE WHOLE ENTIRE STATE!! FOR EVERYTHING!!!
Stop shouting. This is a non-shouting blog.
woops. sorry.
Those colors look pretty cool.
Post a Comment